Memory: 2.1
    nForce SPP: 1.3
    NF200 Voltage Level:

My computer specs are:
    Antec 750w PSU
    Mobo 750i sli ftw
    Q6600 2.4 Ghz
    DDR2 RAM OCZ PC2 8500 1066Mhz

So my computer randomly goes to a black screen and monitor disconnects and when I hit the restart button on my case it doesn't boot up and I have to turn the computer off completely and then start it again for the computer to boot normally. Also with these current settings my RAM throws error codes on memtest86 but when I put everything to stock to the CPU the RAM error codes stop so I know it has to do something with the overclock.
    Am I adding too much or too little voltage?

Vacationing to find my sanity Mutterator
    Overclockers.com Editor
    First Responders

Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile
    randomly? Are you sure sleep/hibernation isnt enabled?

Please post, attached to the forum, CPUz screenshots of first tab, memory, and spd tab.

"We have more information and more ways of accessing it than ever, yet seem increasingly less inclined to do so."- Michael Wilbon

Also I am sure that hibernation isn't on or sleep mode. The system shuts down. the screen goes black for no reason.

Overclockers.com Editor
    First Responders

I cannot see the picture.. its not attached to the forum.. let me post instructions...

The screen goes black in sleep/hibernation as well. If you press and move your mouse/keyboard will it come back?

"We have more information and more ways of accessing it than ever, yet seem increasingly less inclined to do so."- Michael Wilbon

Sorry about that here it is
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Overclockers.com Editor
    First Responders

How about the first tab..

Lol sorry about that here we go.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Overclockers.com Editor
    First Responders

You are at stock currently.. ok.

Here is what I would do. Lower the memory multiplier so your ram is running slower than 1066, THEN increase the FSB and try to overclock. As it stands, when you raise the FSB, you are raising the memory speed too and it may not be able to handle it.

Oh it was at 3.0ghz before but it was so damn unstable that I reverted to stock =P
    I will give that a shot and report back. Thank you sir

HELP

Quote Originally Posted by Johndoe205 View Post
    Alright so I am trying to OC to 3ghz and my settings are
    FSB (QDR), Mhz: 1333
    MEM (DDR), Mhz 1066
    Voltages
    CPU core: 1.3
    CPU FSB: 1.2
    Memory: 2.1
    nForce SPP: 1.3
    NF200 Voltage Level:

My computer specs are:
    Antec 750w PSU
    Mobo 750i sli ftw
    Q6600 2.4 Ghz
    DDR2 RAM OCZ PC2 8500 1066Mhz

So my computer randomly goes to a black screen and monitor disconnects and when I hit the restart button on my case it doesn't boot up and I have to turn the computer off completely and then start it again for the computer to boot normally. Also with these current settings my RAM throws error codes on memtest86 but when I put everything to stock to the CPU the RAM error codes stop so I know it has to do something with the overclock.
    Am I adding too much or too little voltage?
    Hi

I am planning to OC my Q6600 on DG41RQ, can you help me out with it since it seams you have already accompanied this feat.

Thanks

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/s...d.php?t=515316

Read and learn. Be methodical and change one variable at a time. More than a few people come on here and want to know the exact settings for their system. Problem is every system and environment is the same even though the principles are the same. There is no magic bullet.

Besides once you learned the principles of OCing, it's pretty easy to do it from system to system.

Quote Originally Posted by Cigarsmoker View Post
    http://www.overclockers.com/forums/s...d.php?t=515316

Read and learn. Be methodical and change one variable at a time. More than a few people come on here and want to know the exact settings for their system. Problem is every system and environment is the same even though the principles are the same. There is no magic bullet.

Besides once you learned the principles of OCing, it's pretty easy to do it from system to system.
    My problem is that the concern options are not available in the BIOS & at the moment I am not aware of the required softwares to do so

If your motherboard does not support OCing then the only real way to overclock a Q6600 is going to be either by doing a hard mod (like the tape mod) or using software in windows which isn't normally suggested.
    Clevo 901C Laptop / Intel Core 2 Extreme at 2.93Ghz / 4 Gigs Ram / Geforce 8800GTX / 2 X 250 Gig HD's in Raid 0
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rocketfish Full Aluminum Tower / I7 870 at 4Ghz / 8 Gigs DDR3 Ram / EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB / 1 TB HD / True Spirit 140

I blame Earthdog and Muddocktor for helping me pick some truly great parts. Thanks guys, now I'm broke and happy. :)