• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC Intel Q6600 issues.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Johndoe205

Registered
Alright so I am trying to OC to 3ghz and my settings are
FSB (QDR), Mhz: 1333
MEM (DDR), Mhz 1066
Voltages
CPU core: 1.3
CPU FSB: 1.2
Memory: 2.1
nForce SPP: 1.3
NF200 Voltage Level:

My computer specs are:
Antec 750w PSU
Mobo 750i sli ftw
Q6600 2.4 Ghz
DDR2 RAM OCZ PC2 8500 1066Mhz

So my computer randomly goes to a black screen and monitor disconnects and when I hit the restart button on my case it doesn't boot up and I have to turn the computer off completely and then start it again for the computer to boot normally. Also with these current settings my RAM throws error codes on memtest86 but when I put everything to stock to the CPU the RAM error codes stop so I know it has to do something with the overclock.
Am I adding too much or too little voltage?

randomly? Are you sure sleep/hibernation isnt enabled?

Please post, attached to the forum, CPUz screenshots of first tab, memory, and spd tab.

Also I am sure that hibernation isn't on or sleep mode. The system shuts down. the screen goes black for no reason.

I cannot see the picture.. its not attached to the forum.. let me post instructions...
attachment.php

The screen goes black in sleep/hibernation as well. If you press and move your mouse/keyboard will it come back?

Lol sorry about that here we go.

Attachments

• firsttab.png
    firsttab.png
    284.7 KB · Views: 80
You are at stock currently.. ok. :p

Here is what I would do. Lower the memory multiplier so your ram is running slower than 1066, THEN increase the FSB and try to overclock. As it stands, when you raise the FSB, you are raising the memory speed too and it may not be able to handle it.

Oh it was at 3.0ghz before but it was so damn unstable that I reverted to stock =P
I will give that a shot and report back. Thank you sir

HELP

Alright so I am trying to OC to 3ghz and my settings are
FSB (QDR), Mhz: 1333
MEM (DDR), Mhz 1066
Voltages
CPU core: 1.3
CPU FSB: 1.2
Memory: 2.1
nForce SPP: 1.3
NF200 Voltage Level:

My computer specs are:
Antec 750w PSU
Mobo 750i sli ftw
Q6600 2.4 Ghz
DDR2 RAM OCZ PC2 8500 1066Mhz

So my computer randomly goes to a black screen and monitor disconnects and when I hit the restart button on my case it doesn't boot up and I have to turn the computer off completely and then start it again for the computer to boot normally. Also with these current settings my RAM throws error codes on memtest86 but when I put everything to stock to the CPU the RAM error codes stop so I know it has to do something with the overclock.
Am I adding too much or too little voltage?

Hi

I am planning to OC my Q6600 on DG41RQ, can you help me out with it since it seams you have already accompanied this feat.:salute:

Thanks

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=515316

Read and learn. Be methodical and change one variable at a time. More than a few people come on here and want to know the exact settings for their system. Problem is every system and environment is the same even though the principles are the same. There is no magic bullet.

Besides once you learned the principles of OCing, it's pretty easy to do it from system to system.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=515316

Read and learn. Be methodical and change one variable at a time. More than a few people come on here and want to know the exact settings for their system. Problem is every system and environment is the same even though the principles are the same. There is no magic bullet.

Besides once you learned the principles of OCing, it's pretty easy to do it from system to system.

My problem is that the concern options are not available in the BIOS & at the moment I am not aware of the required softwares to do so

If your motherboard does not support OCing then the only real way to overclock a Q6600 is going to be either by doing a hard mod (like the tape mod) or using software in windows which isn't normally suggested.

Back