• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

considering eyefinity setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Roachgod

Hi I was wanting to add a couple monitors to the one I already have to run eyefinity with 3 1080p monitors side by side if my pc will handle it. I already have a LG 23" http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824005153 and was thinking of getting 2 of these since they have display port http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824228041 they are also 1080 p with a 5ms refresh rate. The first game I will be trying is Rise of Flight Iron Cross Edition.:comp: And Shogun 2 when its done downloading

Last edited:
it will be triple the draw on your graphics card. You'll be going from 1920 x 1080, to 5760 x 1080, so it'll slow your fps, but it should still be playable.

If you are going to run a setup like that, I would recommend a 2nd card, preferrably with 2+GB vram each.

Your gonna need way more power than what you have. I run 3x 21.5 at 54XX x 900 and it just has enough power to play bf3 well. and Im running 2x 6950s OCd.

You can use different monitors as long as they are the same res(i know they dont need to be but it doesnt work well if there not), for best results make sure the bezels are very close to the same width, and make sure the brightness is about the same.

Ok so even if I crossfire on my next build then 2 6870's wouldn't cut it for 3 1080p. I'm just going to upgrade a single 1080x1960 monitor to a little bigger one for better gaming. Looks like no :comp: for me for a while. I just thought the card would handle some older games like Rise of flight on three monitors at 1080p.

I'm not sure what kind of power rise of flight needs.
2 6870s X-fired will be enough for many games on lower graphic settings.
I have a single 6970 (and 2x 6870 is more power then a single 6970).
I ordered a few more screens and they should get here today (so i'll have 3, 23" 1080P monitors in eyefinity.)

I'm hoping I can play newer games ok on medium settings.

Alright so I thought I would revive this thread instead of making a new one, I am considering an eyefinity setup as well.

I will be doing 3x1920x1080 displays, with my amd rig in sig. fwiw I Have 2 additional 5850's currently unused so I would definitely be going for a quadfire setup.

My biggest issue is the bezel, for those running eyefinity setups is it that much of a deal? or should I just go for a single 27" 1440p display(both cost the same)?

I have been leaning towards an eyefinity setup but the bezel keeps making me reconsider.

Alright so I thought I would revive this thread instead of making a new one, I am considering an eyefinity setup as well.

I will be doing 3x1920x1080 displays, with my amd rig in sig. fwiw I Have 2 additional 5850's currently unused so I would definitely be going for a quadfire setup.

My biggest issue is the bezel, for those running eyefinity setups is it that much of a deal? or should I just go for a single 27" 1440p display(both cost the same)?

I have been leaning towards an eyefinity setup but the bezel keeps making me reconsider.

I've had my eyefinity setup (3 23" 1080P LCDs) for about a month now, and play games almost every night (Usually 2 to 3+ hours a day)

Bezel-space between the monitors is about 1.5 inches.

It really doesn't bother me. (Of course, if they weren't there, it would be nicer)
Pretty much the most annoying thing about them is when an enemy is behind one of the bezels :p

Here's a quick video I took a while back to show my eyefinity setup. (So you can see how big the bezels are :) )

I myself would definitely go with 3 monitors, rather then 1 big one.
The extra resolution is useful (Especially when camping).

For the first bit you play on a multi-monitor setup, it seems weird having peripheral vision, but now when I have to play on single-monitor setups, it just seems so small.

I also really like being able to have email/fb open on one screen, a movie playing on another, and doing something else on the 3rd.

And, just an FYI- You will probably get screen tearing on one of the monitors, depending on what outputs your vid cards have.
On my 6970, I have 2 monitors connected via DVI, and the third runs on a mini DP>DVI active converter.
Because they are not all using the same connection from the graphics card, the monitor(left) on the display port connection has pretty bad screen tearing.
I don't really notice it while playing games, but it's bad enough to where you can't watch a movie on that screen.

Thanks for the video, I definitely am considering the eyefinity setup. From what I have heard you begin to ignore the bezel as you use the setup, and when gaming it becomes unnoticeable.

I run in 3 monitors, but I do not use the Eyefinity of my 7970 card.
when I use it, first thing happens, is that instead of treating it as 3 screens, it treats it as one. and the window bar on the bottom stretches to all 3.. that already pisses me off..

then I cannot have separate res on each, right now I have my left most with extra resolution for Pictures and movies, the center and right I have normal res.

i wanted to add 2 more monitors to my 30'' dell but even the best computer cant run a new game maxed out on it.

i wanted to add 2 more monitors to my 30'' dell but even the best computer cant run a new game maxed out on it.

Depends on the game :D

Because most games could be maxed out :)
(Like, I can run almost any game maxed out (Except BF3) on my 3-screen eyefinity setup at 6056X1080 with just ONE 6970 and stay at 60FPS)

Back