• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking FX-6100 - Games runs too fast?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

t3kr0

Hello,

recently I began to overclock my FX-6100 3.3 Ghz. I can manage to get it as high as 4,3 Ghz with the stock cooler fan. But the problem is that my games, particulary skyrim, runs too fast. And by that I mean that the game itself is going as much as double the speed, whilst the sound is at the normal tempo. The funny thing is that if I go down to 3,6 Ghz it will run normally.

What is the cause of this?

::Speccs::
CPU:
AMD FX-6100 3.3ghz running at 4275 Mhz.
Core multiplier 19x
HT multiplier 12x
HT ref. clock 225 Mhz
PCIe Speed 100
Voltage 1.5250

Memory:
Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 16Gb clocked to 1800Mhz.

XFX Radeon HD 6870 running at stock.

and a 500 Watt PSU.

You aren't the first person to have this issue, the only solution I have seen work is a different video driver but even then that doesn't work for everybody.

Have a look here.

I'd suggest that you take this next bit seriously. You are over clocking that chip and using that graphics card and have a 500 watt power supply. You are going to be incredibly close to having a lot of weird issues and/or a really nasty power supply failure. My last $130 550 Watt PSU with a 40 amp 12V rail allowed my computer to start and run most of the time but I was having so many odd issues, then I realized that the over clocked bulldozer draws a silly amount of power(twice as much as a similarly over clocked i5 2500k for example). My graphics card also draws less power than yours.

Last edited:
Try to open up a command window and type in this:

bcdedit /set useplatformclock true

It worked for me when I had similar problem.

wow thats so pretty hardcore overclocking you've done there! Try to make sure that all your Skyrim updates are installed and all your hardware drivers are up to date also. But thats all ive got for you right now.

i have the same mobo and cpu
try underclocking your mem
set HT freq close to 2000

Last edited:
Back