• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

aiming for lower noise % heat(2.5 vs 3.5 disk)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

morinfen

Registered
would i be getting more speed with less heat from two or three 2.5 hdd at raid 0 compared to a 7500 RPM 3.5 inch?

SSD is still out of the question since it's expensive for its size, and i'm a bit bothered by the frequent read/writes that it will have to perform. also, can anyone provide if SSDs heat up as much as the conventional disks?

i mean about the wear because of the amount of read/write operations i'm going to use it for.

does anyone have the stats about the lifespan compared to a regular hdd of the same size? i fear that because they're too fast, users will enjoy reading and writing on them causing more wear compared to the regular HDDs.

tbh heat from HDD's is not really an issue, unless you are planning on running them all in some small enclosure.

Back