• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mouse Lag!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Herminator

Registered
Hi, I reformatted my computer I while a go. Since then I've experienced mouse lag, especially in games. Sometimes it stutters but it's mostly just a tiny bit after, both in the click and when i move the mouse. It's not much but it's very annoying.
These are the things I've tried:
Downloaded drivers for the mouse.
-Turned off Vsync in games.
-Turned off Vsync on the graphics card in CCC.
-I've of course turned off mouse acceleration in windows.
-Turned the settings all the way down in games, almost no difference.
-Tried another mouse and mouse pad.
-Switched back to an old graphics card
-Tried taken out 2 gigs of ram.
-Reformatted my computer again.
-Reinstalled graphics card drivers.
-Reinstalled mouse drivers
-Tried other mouse drivers.
-Resetted BIOS by taking the out the cmos battery and putting it in again.
Nothing of those things worked.
I've searched every forum and now I'm out of ideas.
My computer specs:
Operating system: w7 ultimate 64-bit
Processor: AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core processor (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Graphics card: AMD Radeon 6870

Please help me!

(I don't know if this is in the right category, move it if you'd like)

//Herminator

Last edited by a moderator:
It might help us to know the make and model of mouse. And without knowing the model of motherboard, and assuming it has a PS/2 port for the mouse, have you tried plugging the mouse into that port via a USB to PS/2 adapter?

The mouse is a X-718F. My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD3P. It has got a PS/2 port for the mouse and I've tried it with an adapter. I've tried with the adapter but I couldn't get the mouse to work when i tried it

The temperature of my cpu when I don't do nothing is around 60 celsius or 140 fahrenheit. I also experience some very bad fps when I play minecraft for example, about 30-40. My friends has around 100 or more.

With the mouse plugged into the PS/2 port, you couldn't get the mouse to work where... in the BIOS, Windows, or both?

I got it to work now. It didn't make any difference.
Is there anything else I can do to solve the problem?

Last edited:
The temperature of my cpu when I don't do nothing is around 60 celsius or 140 fahrenheit. I also experience some very bad fps when I play minecraft for example, about 30-40. My friends has around 100 or more.
Welcome to the Forum!:welcome: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=491697
60 at idle?
That's pretty high.
What do you have your cpu voltage set at?
What cooling are you using for the cpu?
Don't use 3 slots for the memory. Use 1,2, or 4.
Did you try switching the memory in slots 1/2 to 3/4?
Run a diagnostic on the harddrive. Which ever one is on the hdd website.
Run a diagnostic on the memory. Memtest is recommended..

Last edited:
Today when I started up my computer the temperature was around 45.
The voltage is set at 1.050 V.
I'm using a normal cpu fan for it. The one that came with it. With thermal grease on it (if I understand the question right).
I use all the slots for the memory. So should I switch so the ones sitting in 1/2 are placed in 3/4 and vice versa?
I did a short generic test on my hdd. Both partitions on my harddrive passed but my External hdd didn't.
I did a diagnostic on the memory with Memtest. I didn't really understand it so here's a picture of when it was done:
IMG_1870.jpg

So you are using 6gb of ram,as stated in the first post, in 4 slots? 2x2/2x1 sticks? Make sure you use ram that matches.
Still at 45 idle is a little warm at 1.05. That doesn't give you room to oc much..You might want to reseat hs/f and re-apply thermal paste. Not too much now.
You might want to run the memtest through more than 1 pass though.

I have now tried some things according your last post.
I use 2x2/2x1 sticks. The 2x1 sticks are of a different brand but I've tried to take them out and that didn't make any difference.
I also changed the place of my 2x2 sticks to the two other slots. No difference.
I also changed the thermal paste.
What the hell is wrong?

id get a new mouse, a couple cheap mice i have laying around here have the same issue, also cheap wireless ones are bad not saying your is cheap, just saying that it could be having some issues.

id get a new mouse, a couple cheap mice i have laying around here have the same issue, also cheap wireless ones are bad.

I've already tried a different mouse. The mouse I tried was a pretty good one also. So I don't really think that's the problem

Maybe a program running in the background?
You get lag in everything or mostly gaming?
If everything, try running in safe mode or "diagnostic startup". If you don't know how to get there,, go to start>search all programs>type in "msconfig"> general tab-diagnostic startup(or boot tab-"safe boot").

It's mostly in gaming. I did a diagnostic startup and tried minecraft but the lag was still there

I'm using a Philips 22" monitor.
I don't think the monitor is the problem because I've had the same problem on my 32" full-hd LG TV too.

well tv's have worse input lag than monitors so you will deffinately have it there.

I developed a mouse lag issue after an unrelated driver install. In my case I performed a rollback and solved the issue.

Back