• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

iOS 5 Transferring photos from Camera Roll to Photo Stream

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dfonda

Senior Golfer
I was searching for how to do this when I just set up my kids Photo Stream.
Wanted to sync her photos from iphone to ipad.

I didn't find anything on it searching...tried everything on the iphone to add the Camera roll photo's over to the Photo Stream album. Only photo's just taken would appear in Photo Stream Album, and sync over. Then finally stumbled upon it.:thup:

Pick a photo already taken in Camera Roll, tap on it to get rid of the info displayed. Then simply take a screenshot, presto goes to both Camera Roll and Photo Stream Album's.(I was quite proud of myself:eek: )

Hopefully this helps anybody else who has not already not stumbled upon this.

Hopefully it will drag a few google searchers into our forums.:thup:

An alternative method is to sync the device, over to PC or Mac and drag them all over at once into the Photo Stream album.

The problem with that is now the resolution of the picture is not the same as the original photo. It will look fine on a cell phone but when you put it on a bigger screen it wont look good.

Another way to do this is to sync all of the devices to the same computer, and use the same apple account. They should share there photos.

The photos look fine to me on the iPad.

My point was though that there is no way to do it from the phone. It's just a quick and dirty way to move them over.

Thanks for pointing out the higher quality method.

The photos look fine to me on the iPad.

My point was though that there is no way to do it from the phone. It's just a quick and dirty way to move them over.

Thanks for pointing out the higher quality method.

If you put them on a 22inch monitor at fullscreen you will see what I mean.

If it works for you it works ;)

Re:photos from Camera Roll to Photo Stream

The problem with that is now the resolution of the picture is not the same as the original photo. It will look fine on a cell phone but when you put it on a bigger screen it wont look good.

Another way to do this is to sync all of the devices to the same computer, and use the same apple account. They should share there photos.
Photostream are photos from iCloud or the one's imported. Camera roll are the one's taken from the device camera.

If you need to move the photos from Photostream to camera roll then take the screenshots of the photstream photos. How to take screenshots ?? Use the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button, press both the buttons and release the iPhone screen will be saved as a camera roll picture.

What's more, you can refer these articles about transferring iPhone photo to computer:
For PC: How to transfer or copy photos from iPhone to Windows
For Mac: How to transfer photo/picture from iPhone to Mac
Hope that can help you a lot.

Last edited:
generally as long as both devices are on Wi-Fi and photostream enabled you should be able to get them pushed to the device.

And the quality is the same regardless through import or iCloud...? I dont believe there is a difference? Its like any other camera.

As well any photo your take with either of your iPad or iphone camera should also sync into PhotoStream.

Try turning off photostream for a few minutes then turning it back on, on both devices, ensure you're on Wi-fi and it should populate.

Last edited:
How to Transfer, Manage & Backup Everything of iPad on Computer (iOS 7)

With iPad Magic, you can transfer photos, videos, music, books, etc. between iPad, iTunes and computer at ease. Moreover, it also enables you to convert audio and video files, rip CD and DVD discs, download online videos, make ringtones and more. Also, it works well on iOS 7 and iTunes 11 now.

Watch video:

Supported iOS Devices:
iPad, iPad 2, The New iPad, iPad mini, iPad with Retina display;
iPhone 3G/3GS, iPhone 4/4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5S

Back