• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Adding Vcore Option on M2NPV-MX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blackpig

Hi. First of all i'm compeletly new to this bios modding issues and I know utterly nothing about them. Anyway

I have a asus m2npv-mx mobo and it doesn't have a vcore option to increase cpu voltage so its holding me back to make any overclock to cpu.
Could someone help me with creating a bios vcore mod included?
-Manufacturer: ASUS
-Motherboard Model: M2NPV-MX
-Bios revision: 1305
-Bios Type: Phoenix Award BIOS
-Bios Download Link: h t t p :/ / dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socketAM2/M2NPV-MX/M2NPV_MX_1305.zip

Thank you in advance!

AFAIK, we cant mod a bios to add a feature it doesnt have. Thats a very old and inexpensive board... sounds like you need to upgrade if you want those options.

You'll either need to buy a new board or take a soldering iron to that one.
If your comfortable soldering on small SMD legs (look right next to the CPU power connector, there's a rectangular chip with 30odd pins on the sides, that's what you'd be soldering to or to one of the tiny bits next to it) I can walk you through the voltmod process.

You'll still be somewhat limited by the CPU power section's abilities to generate high amprage/voltage as well as their cooling, but you'll have vcore adjustment.

That said, you should be able to find a socket AM2+ mobo with decent OCing options for $30-$60 used.

Back