G.Skill DDR3-2666, EVGA SR-X, Z77 Boards @ CeBIT - Plus Ivy Bridge!

We’ve consolidated a ton of eye candy from CeBit for your viewing pleasure, plus one great bonus – a link to an unsanctioned Ivy Bridge preview!
    ... Return to article to continue reading.

5up3r m0d3r4t0r
    Overclockers.com Editor

DDR3-2666 is insane for stock clocks on RAM

I hope Intel decides to release some Xeons with unlocked CPU or gear multipliers, so the SR-X will have a purpose. Even 2x stock clocked 8c/16t Xeons would be ridiculous, but it's just not as fun when you can't OC much
    i7 3770K | ASUS Maximus V Gene | 4x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1600 9-9-9-24 | EVGA GTX780 SC ACX | 256GB OCZ Vertex 4 | SeaSonic SS-1000XP

My Overclockers.com Articles | HWBot Profile | Heatware (98-0-0)

Projects: Copper-Framed, MDF Station | PVC-Framed, MDF Station | Custom Cascade Cart/Case | Untitled TJ07 Build

Premium Member #18 txus.palacios's Avatar
    DDR3-2666... Ok. Now that's fast.
    Maximus V Gene | i5-2500k @ 4.5GHz (ekHF) | 16GiB | GTX470 SLI @ 800MHz (ekFC) | m4 128GB | Arch + Win8
    [ more info... ]

The only sound I want to hear out of my computer (unless I'm gaming or watching a movie) is the hum of my 6000 rpm fan pushing air through my heatsink. - Seebs
    If I turn up dead, somebody make sure they put "should have just benched in the cold" on my tombstone, along with my most recent superpi32m score. - I.M.O.G.
    I didn't go water-cooling for an air-cooling Vcore!! - bluezero5
    I'll rm -rf /yourface/* - thideras

Benching Team Leader
    Grabbed Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by MattNo5ss View Post

I hope Intel decides to release some Xeons with unlocked CPU or gear multipliers, so the SR-X will have a purpose. Even 2x stock clocked 8c/16t Xeons would be ridiculous, but it's just not as fun when you can't OC much
    completely agreed, otherwise the 'extreme-ness' really dwindles.
    Haswell Benching and Gaming: ASRock Z87 OC Formula : Intel i7 4770k w/ Phanteks PH-TC14 : 8GB 2x4GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2666 : MSI, XFX, and Sapphire R9 290X
    Other Components: Samsung 840 Evo 500GB SSD : 2TB Hitachi : Silverstone Strider Gold 1250W and Seasonic Platinum 1000W : Auria EQ276W 2560x1440

Folding User Stats

Researches Meritless
    LIES for the Front
    Page and Super Mutterator

Overclockers.com Editor
    First Responders

Sooooooooooooooo how many CPU's can actually reach those memory speeds?

"We have more information and more ways of accessing it than ever, yet seem increasingly less inclined to do so."- Michael Wilbon

5up3r m0d3r4t0r
    Overclockers.com Editor

Bulldozer, Llano, and maybe a REALLY good SB-E, but for 24/7 use which is the point of stock clocks, I dunno...
    i7 3770K | ASUS Maximus V Gene | 4x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1600 9-9-9-24 | EVGA GTX780 SC ACX | 256GB OCZ Vertex 4 | SeaSonic SS-1000XP

Projects: Copper-Framed, MDF Station | PVC-Framed, MDF Station | Custom Cascade Cart/Case | Untitled TJ07 Build

Water Cooled Moderator
    Overclockers.com Lead Editor
    It looks a lot like this box for the P8Z77-V Deluxe says "DDR3-2600 (O.C.)" on it...

Enjoy benchmarks? Join the benching team!
    New to water cooling? Read the Beginner's Guide to Water Cooling Your PC.
    I.M.O.G. - "Night benching is the answer. Start sleeping every other day. Other than an occassional narcoleptic episode, its been wor"
    \m/ OverClockers mATX L33T Club \m/ - Join Now! - My mITX Build

Researches Meritless
    LIES for the Front

Overclockers.com Editor
    First Responders

Quote Originally Posted by hokiealumnus View Post
    It looks a lot like this box for the P8Z77-V Deluxe says "DDR3-2600 (O.C.)" on it...
    Maybe IB can do it then... cool.

"We have more information and more ways of accessing it than ever, yet seem increasingly less inclined to do so."- Michael Wilbon

5up3r m0d3r4t0r
    Overclockers.com Editor

Meh... I wouldn't put any money on what a mobo box says. I mean, the X79-UD3 has a 32x RAM multiplier option for DDR3-3200, but that doesn't mean the IMC of the CPU can handle it

Researches Meritless
    LIES for the Front

Overclockers.com Editor
    First Responders

Of course... its all on the CPU, but here is to hoping?

well i remember corsair 2625 that had booted at 3000+ so i wanna see what these 2666 kits can do.
    This is not the signature you are looking for.

Please Fold For Team32!

Senior Memory Guru
    Premium Member #19

Booting is one thing, stable work is other ... I can boot @2700+ on FX/990FX with all my PSC ( and I have 12pcs ) but can't call it stable above 2400 because of IMC.
    There is big problem with IMC performance scalling above 1866 for both Intel and AMD and even if you set 2666 then how much faster it will be than ~2000 in daily usage ... 1-3% ?
    Products like this are mainly for marketing purposes ... highest version is creating "best of the best" impression and all are buying what has best price/performance factor under the same brand ( except maybe 1-3% that are overclockers with some other point of view ).
    I'm just curious what with availability of highest kits now because we see great reviews and news but later there is almost no chance to buy that product.

ASRock Z77 boards already have 2800+(OC) info on their boxes :
    http://assets.vr-zone.net/15086/Z77ext6_jpg_f.jpg
    I'm just curious what about IMC performance above 2133 and if it really can run stable above 2400 out of box ... less than 2 months to find out

Quote Originally Posted by MattNo5ss View Post
    First thing I thought when I saw the title.
    Mobo = Mis 870a-G54
    Storage = 1 TB Total on Internal Hard drives and 120gb SSD
    Processor = FX-6100
    Graphic Card = NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    Keyboard = Logitech G15
    Mouse = Razer... id remember
    Mointor = Dual 26 inch and 19 inch
    Steam Id = Nick2bad4u Hit me up!

Water Cooled Moderator
    Overclockers.com Lead Editor
    Wait till you see overclocked.

You can see a preview of the new sticks right here: http://www.overclockers.com/forums/s...d.php?t=705158

Enjoy benchmarks? Join the benching team!
    New to water cooling? Read the Beginner's Guide to Water Cooling Your PC.
    I.M.O.G. - "Night benching is the answer. Start sleeping every other day. Other than an occassional narcoleptic episode, its been wor"
    \m/ OverClockers mATX L33T Club \m/ - Join Now! - My mITX Build

Premium Member #18 txus.palacios's Avatar
    I want those Trident X.

They're just so sexy IMHO.
    Maximus V Gene | i5-2500k @ 4.5GHz (ekHF) | 16GiB | GTX470 SLI @ 800MHz (ekFC) | m4 128GB | Arch + Win8
    [ more info... ]

The only sound I want to hear out of my computer (unless I'm gaming or watching a movie) is the hum of my 6000 rpm fan pushing air through my heatsink. - Seebs
    If I turn up dead, somebody make sure they put "should have just benched in the cold" on my tombstone, along with my most recent superpi32m score. - I.M.O.G.
    I didn't go water-cooling for an air-cooling Vcore!! - bluezero5
    I'll rm -rf /yourface/* - thideras