Thread: need advice?

need advice?

hi there just want to know whic one of these procie is better

amd athlon x2 640 3.0ghz l2 2mb

or

intel pentium g630 2.7ghz l3 3mb

The Intel in this case. The G630 is a sandy bridge chip, these things are kicking all sorts of ass across AMD's low end line. I normally prefer AMD stuff (not that my sig would show it) but am currently building a machine for my girlfriend and went intel with a G850 (slightly faster version of the G630) because there just isn't an argument to make for the AMD line.

If your into gaming Toms has a monthly article that they do showing where each processor ranks as of this month. In the cheap category the G630 takes the cake.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...lock,3106.html
    Clevo 901C Laptop / Intel Core 2 Extreme at 2.93Ghz / 4 Gigs Ram / Geforce 8800GTX / 2 X 250 Gig HD's in Raid 0
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rocketfish Full Aluminum Tower / I7 870 at 4Ghz / 8 Gigs DDR3 Ram / EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB / 1 TB HD / True Spirit 140

I blame Earthdog and Muddocktor for helping me pick some truly great parts. Thanks guys, now I'm broke and happy. :)

Quote Originally Posted by azuza001 View Post
    The Intel in this case. The G630 is a sandy bridge chip, these things are kicking all sorts of ass across AMD's low end line. I normally prefer AMD stuff (not that my sig would show it) but am currently building a machine for my girlfriend and went intel with a G850 (slightly faster version of the G630) because there just isn't an argument to make for the AMD line.

If your into gaming Toms has a monthly article that they do showing where each processor ranks as of this month. In the cheap category the G630 takes the cake.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...lock,3106.html
    thanx a lot, for future reference what specs of a cpu should i be looking in terms of comparison?

because i were to say the amd athlon works faster than the intel pentium because of the higher clock speed

I am in your stack, SUBbing your registers!
    Heatware Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by jheb0y View Post
    thanx a lot, for future reference what specs of a cpu should i be looking in terms of comparison?

because i were to say the amd athlon works faster than the intel pentium because of the higher clock speed
    It's a complicated issue. Generally you'd want to look up several benchmarks that compare the two CPUs you are looking at.

Processors have different architecture so performance relative to clock varies. [A new architecture ivy bridge @ 3.0GHz will be 2x as fast as pentium 4 @ 3GHz]
    "Take only that which you can give"
    Need Help? IM me! I want to help the OC community!

MainComputer:
    E6400@2.69-4.0 gig RAM-8800GT
    ASUS P5N-E SLI

that was nice thanx!
    Cpu= intel celeron g530 dual core @2.4ghz 2mb l3
    mobo= ecs h67h2-m3
    gpu= powercolor hd7750 1gb gddr5 @860/1180
    psu= antec vp450 apfc 450w
    ram= 6gb kingston ddr3 cl9 1333mhz @ cl7 1067mhz dual ch
    hdd= 500gb wd blue sata 6gb/s
    odd= lite on label tag 24x dvd rw
    case= coolermaster elite 431+