• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need advice?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jheb0y

Registered
hi there just want to know whic one of these procie is better

amd athlon x2 640 3.0ghz l2 2mb

or

intel pentium g630 2.7ghz l3 3mb

The Intel in this case. The G630 is a sandy bridge chip, these things are kicking all sorts of *** across AMD's low end line. I normally prefer AMD stuff (not that my sig would show it) but am currently building a machine for my girlfriend and went intel with a G850 (slightly faster version of the G630) because there just isn't an argument to make for the AMD line.

If your into gaming Toms has a monthly article that they do showing where each processor ranks as of this month. In the cheap category the G630 takes the cake.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-cpu-review-overclock,3106.html

The Intel in this case. The G630 is a sandy bridge chip, these things are kicking all sorts of *** across AMD's low end line. I normally prefer AMD stuff (not that my sig would show it) but am currently building a machine for my girlfriend and went intel with a G850 (slightly faster version of the G630) because there just isn't an argument to make for the AMD line.

If your into gaming Toms has a monthly article that they do showing where each processor ranks as of this month. In the cheap category the G630 takes the cake.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-cpu-review-overclock,3106.html

thanx a lot, for future reference what specs of a cpu should i be looking in terms of comparison?

because i were to say the amd athlon works faster than the intel pentium because of the higher clock speed

thanx a lot, for future reference what specs of a cpu should i be looking in terms of comparison?

because i were to say the amd athlon works faster than the intel pentium because of the higher clock speed

It's a complicated issue. Generally you'd want to look up several benchmarks that compare the two CPUs you are looking at.

Processors have different architecture so performance relative to clock varies. [A new architecture ivy bridge @ 3.0GHz will be 2x as fast as pentium 4 @ 3GHz]

Back