• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS Rampage 4 Extreme + Koolance 370 questions.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nicej

Registered
Hi this might be a stupid question, but I want to make sure that I'm on the right track.

I'm in the process of fitting a Koolance 370 cpu bloack onto a Rampage 4 Extreme. Couple of things I've noticed so far:
- The "LGA 2011" posts that the 370 comes with doesn't screw onto the backplate properly, it gets physically jammed about half way through the thread; the only posts that work are the posts that come standard.
- There is no clear instructions as to where on the backplate you're supposed to mount the post to fit the motherboard, but on the R4E there is only one set of 4 holes posts can go though so that meant that the posts has to be on the outer most holes on the backplate.

What I need to know is to do with the R4E backplate that it comes with and the backplate included in the accessory box. It comes standard with an "X-socket" backplate, and a rectangle LGA2011 backplate that is much smaller.

My question is this:
- When installing a waterblock onto the motherboard, do I remove the stock motherboard backplate completely, and only use the backplate supplied with the 370?
- Since the actual "LGA2011 posts" doesn't work with the 370 backplate (weird manufacturer mistake?), is it fine to use the standard posts that it comes with (which are almost identical to the LGA2011 posts)?
- Has any of you done this same build / encountered similar issues?

I will be posting a build log in the future.

Hi there,

I am encountering the same thing. What did you end up doing?

cheers,

EDIT: Its OK, worked it out. Quite simple actually...

Last edited:
Back