• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SAPPHIRE AMD Radeon HD 6870 1GB GDDR5 PCIE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

prozaC

Registered
Hi

I have SAPPHIRE AMD Radeon HD 6870 1GB GDDR5 PCIE two Crossfired together.
I want to overclock both cards. anyone know the process of overclocking these graphic cards? i need specifics thanks -prozaC

can anyone help me? i just want to overclock this card!! other forum sites with good information would be good or anyone with experience with same graphics card.

i tired to over clock my 6870 to 1000/1200 no change in voltage with 50% fan and it blue screened on me. what is the probleM

It can't handle those speeds at stock voltage. Back-off a bit, say 950/1100 and test that.

Reference speeds is 900/1050. I used ATIFlash on a DOS Bootable USB Thumb Drive and an OC BIOS from TechPowerUP to flash both my 6870's to 940/1100.

Here is a list of Sapphire's BIOSs.

http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/...r=Sapphire&model=HD+6870&interface=&memSize=0

You could try flashing the 970/1150. I thought about trying it on mine but haven't gotten around to it yet. If you notice in the details, they did bump up the voltage from 1.175 to 1.188.

Last edited:
I changed it to 950/1100 with stock voltage and 50% fan speed I am using shappire trix works great did not benchmark or anything and does not make it see anymore different. Thanks for ur help ;]

Back