• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Brand PSU is in the tops these Days

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
XFX PSU's have always been tops

Before it i did have an old cheaper 750w PSU which did not like the Overclock, infact from time to time it shut its self down to protect its self from death by heat stroke....

So i looked around for a new one and came across that review, its the most pricey in this bracket but for me the PSU is one of, if not the most important part, (every componant in the computer depends on it, the better it is the better it will run and the longer it will last)
i wanted as stable as possible and enougth grunt for it never even getting close to becoming even a light workout.

So on this occasion i did not spare any expense.

I'm going with Seasonic, either 560 or 650w depending on configuration. Otherwise I'd go w/Antec, they have been so good to me!

Be careful with Antec, most of their PSU's are great, though I really REALLY don't like their Basiq series.

Be careful with Antec, most of their PSU's are great, though I really REALLY don't like their Basiq series.

My first Antec see my sig below.. ELEVEN YEARS before it died..never a problem!!

Still going to Seasonic now.

Yeah, I'd rate Seasonic over Antec. Only reason I went with Antec this time around is that it's by far away the cheapest Platinum rated PSU available, and I didn't need more than 550W.

Yeah, I had a Corsair HX520 for a few years (now powering a mates Core i7 rig), it was based off a Seasonic though it was cheaper to buy the Corsair rather than the Seasonic branded unit. That was why I bought it, it was Seasonic inside.

personally i love the corsair AX series. but out of your three i would go with the antec i have had a few and they always performed nicely.

From the experience I gained from my first build, I would recommend people stay away from Coolermaster PSUs. By far the loudest component in my rig, this is actually my second unit after i exchanged my first one with amazon, still as loud as before.

Coolermaster PSUs vary pretty widely.
The new higher end models are excellent.
The old low end models.... Dubious.

I forgot to say, I installed the GW 750w 80+ series, I really should be thankful my computer hasn't caught fire yet..oh and if I did turn my (GPU EVGA 560ti) to 50-60% fan speed, all my psu worries will just be drowned out..

Coolermaster PSUs vary pretty widely.
The new higher end models are excellent.
The old low end models.... Dubious.

I've been using 13 of the CoolerMaster 1000 watt Real Power Pro's for about 3 years now without any issues. Nice..

New builds will be Seasonic though..

Back