• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Brand PSU is in the tops these Days

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
SuperFlower's are very nice unit. NZXT Hale 90 series is pretty good and 80+ Gold rated. I have the 850W in my rig and love it. It's solid and gets the job done.

SuperFlower's are very nice unit. NZXT Hale 90 series is pretty good and 80+ Gold rated. I have the 850W in my rig and love it. It's solid and gets the job done.

Lol, the Hale 90's are made by SuperFlower anyway, they're the OEM ;)

FWIW - I liked the Super-Flower made Kingwin LZP-550 so much I also bought the LZP-650 for my main Audio DAW PC (replaced the Seasonic 660 - I will use it in the Backup DAW PC).

Super-Flower = Good Stuff!!!

:cool:

Yeah, I love the idea of a PSU that runs fanless most of the time until a certain temp is reached. A shame that Kingwin isn't sold in Australia and also that no one is selling the SuperFlower unit its based on here in Australia.... I would mind putting one in my HTPC to replace my Silverstone Strider Essential.....

I actually disable that with the switch on the rear as I wanted a little more case exhaust to balance out the airflow in both systems. The 140mm fan powers-on in low/inaudible speed and basically stays there for my systems...

You can use this to cross-reference other Super Flower OEM'd Units:

http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page330.htm

"Super Flower cooperates as OEM with many companies (NZXT, Akasa, Kingwin, etc) to provide quality products."

Click on those brands' respective pages, and the chart will show you which ones are actually Super Flower OEM'd. I wish it listed more brands than the "etc" part ;)

i forgot enermax. i've always liked enermax for some reason. not sure how they rank among the best though

Corsairs have been solid for the builds I've done for friends recently. I personally have an OCZ but someone I know just had his OCZ fail after about a year so I would be tempted to look elsewhere if I was in the market for one now. I've always heard Seasonic and PC Power and Cooling make a good PSU although I've never personally owned either of them.

PC Power and Cooling was bought out by ocz a few years back, so not really the same company anymore. i tend to stay away from any ocz products

I've only had Antec. My first Antec, which back then was rated quite well, it lasted 11 years! So I bought another Antec recently, so far so good, but now. I'm going to need a new modular PSU for my new build. I was thinking of going w/Antec again.

Which manufacturer's make PSU's where the PSU's fan only comes on at certain temp. I'd be interested in that.

The Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid series fan does that.
The ThermalTake Toughpower XT 1275w fan does that, too. It'll run a lot of load before the fan comes on too, 80+ platinum helps that.

Those are the only units I've had in my hands personally (I had the 1300w CM).

Seasonic X series does that as well (what I suggested to him in his other thread). The 1KW PSU is manual (switch for on/hybrid), the others are automatic by temp/load.

PC Power and Cooling was bought out by ocz a few years back, so not really the same company anymore. i tend to stay away from any ocz products

I'm glad you said that or I would have been picking one up whenever I build again next.

Which manufacturer's make PSU's where the PSU's fan only comes on at certain temp. I'd be interested in that.

The Kingwin LZP (Super Flower OEM) also do this. They actually give you a switch to select "fan off" or "fan low/inaudible" for the lowest temps. The LZP's also have a single huge +12v rail (opposed to some of the other Kingwin/SuperFlower models which have multiple +12v rails).

After owning multiple PC Power & Cooling (one shot sparks into my system!), Enermax, OCZ (had to RMA one after 18 months), a Seasonic (been pretty solid), and now Kingwin/SuperFlower PSU's over the past 8 years, I can say I'm thoroughly pleased with the Kingwin/SuperFlower LZP's across the board...

The one PC Power and Cooling unit I've had (A Silencer Mark III 600w) was great. I can't speak for their other units.

Seasonic X series does that as well (what I suggested to him in his other thread). The 1KW PSU is manual (switch for on/hybrid), the others are automatic by temp/load.

Yeah, my X650 gold+ is drop dead silent. I've seldom seen and NEVER heard the fan spin up.

I've had Antec, Coolermaster + OCZ psu's and still do in other rigs. The quality differential is enormous, the Seasonic X series is the best I've seen in person anywhere.

Back