• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DST jacked my PPD!! LOL!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Norcalsteve

There must be some truth to it... I watch my favorite app in the whole world... Harlams HFM.net, and wait for the next step to come... I tell you, its like watching paint dry, or grass grow; but I cannot help myself... HOWEVER, I take note of the time the W/U is supposed to be done, in order to plan for what I want to tweak or fix next, and how much points I am supposed to get. My current W/U was downloaded yesterday, prior to DST, and I was planning on doing a restart and updating some stuff at 945pm. NOW the due time is 1045pm, and I also noticed that my over all points are off by a few.

Main question is, does PG compensate for the "loss" or "gain" of an hour when calcualting the bonus points? or do they just count the total turn around hours upon issuing, and it could be within HFM itself?

It is by no means a big deal to me, I was just curious! I find it commical actually ;)

:rofl:

I dunno about DST. I think the 8022's have jacked my PPD. As long as its for the cause though its all good.

You mean they're off by just a few right? That could easily be fluctuation due to when the refresh occurred vs. the progress of the next frame. I could get into the math if you really want me to... just say so.

At the end of the day all this stuff is actually stored as UTC time coordinates. You'll note that the Folding@Home log file always prints with UTC time. HFM simply converts all date/time values to your local time... but it does this on the fly. Nothing is stored in local time... boy, wouldn't that be a PITA to keep straight? :D

Ahh, nice to know! My TPF was consistant with in a few seconds, but the time jumped for turn in ahead one hour according to HFM, and I could swear I seen the total point turn in drop... But yes, over time It can be off from the start of a W/U, to half way, to the end... closer to finish, the more accurate...

Back