• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amazon slow to process/ship

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pinky

I recent ordered some books on Amazon and one of them shipped immediately, arrived quickly, and the other 2 languished for over a week in pending and I ended up just cancelling the order(s). These appeared to be fulfilled by Amazon, so I don't think it was a third party vendor issue.

Has anyone else encountered this? Amazon has been generally very good at getting stuff out the door quickly... :shrug:

[it seems to be my week to whine about stuff!! lol]

When dealing with 3rd party sellers there are usually some issues with speed. I orders something about a year ago from a 3rd party on Amazon and it took almost 2 weeks to get to me, Amazon does have restrictions on third parties for bad performance so if they see that you had a bad experience the company/person that you bought from will be punished in some way(I believe that is still the case anyway)

I bought a prime membership a while ago so I always order from prime-eligible sellers and those are always 2 day shipping (free), also one of the Amazon warehouses is about 30 miles away from my house so if the item is there I can get it same/next day for 2-day (free) shipping.

Did you buy it using free shipping feature (orders over $25 is eligible for free shipping)? I found those tended to sit around for as much as a week before they are packed and shipped.

Did you buy it using free shipping feature (orders over $25 is eligible for free shipping)? I found those tended to sit around for as much as a week before they are packed and shipped.

That could be it, might have been free shipping items. The one I did receive had like $3 shipping. In the past the shipping I select hadn't made a difference but will look out for this in the future (and complain if it starts to become a regular thing).

Books I buy from Amazon and Alibris consistently take 8-10 to arrive, and that's paying postage. Those are also from third party sellers. Some years ago I ordered a Bunn coffeemaker from Amazon with the free shipping and it took 2 weeks to arrive. As a result, Newegg has always surprised me.

Lately I have been buying a lot of tools online and my last two dealings with Amazon were horrible. I ended up cancelling both orders after waiting 7 days to process on the first order and 10 days on the second. It has to be an amazing deal for me to use Amazon again, I admit I'm not a real patient person but in 2012 if it takes more than a week to process an order something is wrong.

That's what gets me - 7 days and the order is still not procesed/en route? I mean, it was so not processed I could immediately cancel... ?

ive had the opposite experience with amazon lately. i ordered a tv a couple of weeks ago and it arrived 2 days early with the free 5-7 days option. i ordered a bedframe sunday with the same shipping and got it yesterday. this appeared to be fulfilled by amazon but shipped from a warehouse in indy? my assumption would also be that a 3rd party co is the issue. in my experience amazon takes slow shippers VERY seriously. i would shoot them an email and find out why you had to spend your hard earned elsewhere.

I had flagged that processing was taking too long in my cancellation reason and put "too slow" in the notes, so maybe they'll actually notice.

My experience with Amazon has been the opposite, Pinky. I have ordered 6 seasons of the series "House" in 2 separate orders. The first order arrived within a week of placing the order using the free shipping option. All of these 3 seasons were from Amazon. On the second order, 2 of the seasons were from Amazon and the third from a 3rd party selling through Amazon. On that order, the 2 from Amazon had free shipping and I had to pay a few bucks for shipping for the 3rd party order. The 3rd party order was received 2 days from placing the order and the Amazon part came within a week, like before.

I ordered some random stuff from amazon / UK week ago. There were 2 orders and both arrived to me today ( well I'm at work now but I got call from home that it arrived ;) ).
Shipping to Poland was free and picking standard package it took 4 workdays since I placed order. 2 days ago I even got info that they are sorry that one of orders is being delayed ... while it wasn't. Actually delivery date in order was 20 April for one package and 27 for the other ;).

I also recently ordered an Ipod Touch on Amazon, It was an Independent Seller, I got the Ipod Touch 4th gen (8 gig) for $110!! Which is a great price, bought on Oct. 2nd and it's still hasn't shipped, I emailed the guy and he told me that he didn't use amazon labels and that he had shipped it on Friday(Oct. 5). So, I waited a little while. Finally Friday(Oct. 12) I emailed him back basically saying dude? whats up? He said he had mailed it to himself and he was this time gonna use amazon labels, Oct. 15 still no sign that he shipped it. Fishy, huh?

The only time I ve really had a problem with Amazon shipping was a heatercore for my car. It was almost $60 cheaper, so I ordered it. I think the part was coming from China or something. Two weeks after the order had been placed tracking had not been updated, so I cancelled the order. Other than that my minor shipping incidents have often led to them giving me the item for free or sending me an extra ( car charger and 3.5mm audio jack).

Generally I try to order from them because of how well their tracking system is and Prime gives me great economical options for fast shipping; can't beat $4.00 for next day shipping.

Back