• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't enable SLI on DFI nF4 Infinity SLI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tech Tweaker

Anyone ever successfully enabled SLI on a socket 939 DFI nF4 SLI Infinity motherboard?

I've been trying unsuccessfully off and on for months to enable SLI on mine, and I have two matching sets of cards (6600GT's and 9800GT's), but options for enabling SLI don't even show up in the nVidia Control Panel.

I've tried both sets of cards, multiple different versions of the nVidia drivers, using different cards in different slots, two different operating systems, flipping the SLI bridge around in both directions, running the cards with and without the SLI bridge (probably a dumb idea, but nothing else was working), running them with and without the extra power connecter plugged into the motherboard for SLI configurations, and I forget what else.

Been through bios, only one setting for SLI with options for disabling it or turning it to "Auto". I have it set to Auto at the moment.

To top it all off as soon as I insert the second card I can't even get nVidia Control Panel to open, it's like it completely refuses to execute the program as soon as two cards are inserted. The odd thing though is that I can run a single card in either of the PCIe x16 slots and it will output video from either, but I can't run a card in both at the same time without running into issues.

Any ideas?

Oh, and please forgive me if this is in the wrong section, I wasn't sure if it would go best under video cards or motherboards, motherboards seemed a likely candidate though.

somewhere there is a a SLI hack/patch. where you can do SLI on ANY board that has 2 pci-e slots with 2 video cards..

Found the problem. On my board there are a couple of solder joints that need to be bridged to enable SLI.

Strangely they are not bridged by a capacitor, as they would normally be on an SLI-enabled board. But are rather un-bridged like on the nForce4 Ultra "SLI-disabled" boards.

Might try to mod it at some point to see if I can enable this feature. Unfortunately the solder joints are covered by some type of "glue," so that's a bit of a problem.

Back