• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need an amp/dac combo or a sound card for audio technica ad 700s

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trueplaya4ever8

You know your onboard is bad when your iPhone drives your cans better than your onboard sound -_-

So needless to say, I need some recommendations for a USB amp dac or sound card up to about 150 or so. Bang for my buck! Using it mostly for gaming and music.

Audio Technica AD 700s forgot to mention the cans.

Those headphones don't respond all that well to amping, you are probably hearing the difference in the DAC. The audio from the iPhone is actually really good, both amp and DAC. You might be able to find something in your range that sounds as good, but I doubt it will be much better. You might try the Nuforce uDAC that should be around your price.

I have paired a FiiO E7 with the AD700's and I liked it. I found the bass boost helped level out the headphones a lot. I haven't used that pair in about a year, but I can remember there being something like 10% gain in clarity.

Looking back on both purchases, I am happy I got them. I still use the E7 for it's DAC.

Those headphones don't respond all that well to amping, you are probably hearing the difference in the DAC. The audio from the iPhone is actually really good, both amp and DAC. You might be able to find something in your range that sounds as good, but I doubt it will be much better. You might try the Nuforce uDAC that should be around your price.

It's best just to plan ahead with the audio stuff. Dacs / amps reach a peak around four hundred bucks, might as well just get yourself set up with a decent source before you start investing 400+ on the really nice headphones.

In addition to whats already been suggested, theres the tubemagic for 200 bucks. Lots of connectivity. There is the ibasso d2. Limited connectivity, will require an adapter for high end cans with quarter inch plugs, but its small, will run off of a battery, and has a bass boost option if you want it. Also about 200 if I remember right. There's the audinst HUD MX1 for 180 bucks, also with limited connectivity but it has a quarter and an eighth inch jack. Finally theres the dr. dac2 dx. Lots of connectivity, 250 used.

Back