• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I upgrade my Graphics card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fenixfan08

If you look in my sig, you can see my rig is pretty solid but I feel like my graphics card could use a little work. I do a lot of 3d modeling in 3dsmax and will be doing even more in the future (full time job). I also use a lot of Photoshop, Unity and Unreal. How much of a difference would it be to beef that up a bit? Or would it be worth it to crossfire a couple decent cards? Oh yeah, I also run 2 20 inch monitors on my 5750 and feel like at times it gets a little laggy in my viewports.. Any advice would be appreciated.

If you look in my sig, you can see my rig is pretty solid but I feel like my graphics card could use a little work. I do a lot of 3d modeling in 3dsmax and will be doing even more in the future (full time job). I also use a lot of Photoshop, Unity and Unreal. How much of a difference would it be to beef that up a bit? Or would it be worth it to crossfire a couple decent cards? Oh yeah, I also run 2 20 inch monitors on my 5750 and feel like at times it gets a little laggy in my viewports.. Any advice would be appreciated.

3dsmax would certainly benefit from a better GPU or two, do you have anything in mind?

Your 3D modeling and graphics work will get a significant performance boost from the CUDA processing that nVidia cards provide.
The GTX460 to 560Ti are great low to midrange cards for that work.
I used AutoCAD and Revit daily using both cards. They perform on par with workstation cards, albeit I don't do much rendering.
We heard great thing about the new AMD FirePro cards and we purchased the V5900 to see how it handles CAD. So far so good.

Back