• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

One more reason to ditch PayPal

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

petteyg359

Likes Popcorn
I had to renew a few domain names expiring next week, and noticed that PayPal is no longer a payment option at my registrar. A quick Google found the following:
http://www.wjunction.com/16-webmaster-discussion/133828-paypal-suspend-internetbs-account.html
We are very sorry about Paypal, actually we are disappointed because we did NOT decide to suspend Paypal processing, instead Paypal suspended our account without notice and without any reasonable explication and they are holding our funds as well for 6 months accordingly to what they stated.

We are negotiating with them, trying to figure out what has really happened and why they suspended our account after 8+ years of excellent processing, close to zero chargeback and very little RFI. We are actually in shock as we would have never assumed that an important corporation as Paypal would arbitrarily suspend our account with zero notice and practically no explanation.

We are now working on setting up our own merchant account, not to have to depend from third party unclear policies. However we still have hope that Paypal eventually realizes the big mistake they made and reestablish our account.

We have received thousand of complaints and expression of support from customers disappointed by Paypal irresponsible move, but once again we still have hope that Paypal realizes that we are one of their best partners not only as a merchant but as well as an ICANN Registrar offering them excellent brand protection services for free. We have in fact suspended many Paypal and Ebay phishing websites, effectively protecting Paypal and Ebay from huge reputation and capital losses and we cannot believe that it is they way they are saying thank you to us

Welcome to paypal! They pretend to be a bank but are not one.
That means their funds are not insured and they can do pretty much anything they want to with your money.
Leaving money in your paypal account is asking, maybe begging, paypal to suspend it and keep your money for a while if not forever.

I stopped keeping money in the account years ago. I only used PayPal since it was the available credit card option. Internet.bs has added 2CO now, so I used that. I hope they don't have too much being held up by PayPal...

Yeah, this is why I tend to put things on a credit card and only use paypal for the odd Ebay or forum purchase, which probably total less than 50 my entire life. Even then it's mostly direct payment from my CC unless seller request non-CC. They just seem to be kind of shady these days.

Back