• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a very high end laptop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Frakk

I need an extremely fast portable computer to use as a demonstration vehicle for some new software.

The software in question is Multi-threaded, has On the fly encryption, that encryption uses dedicated threads, all i can tell you its communication / life management software...

I'm not fussed about make or component brands, the only proviso is it must be duel drive with 1 SSD and 1 Mechanical drive.

Its only purpose in life is to demonstrate the software, which has many intelligent background services running at any given time and many many functions.

It has got to do its job out of the box, the person using it is in Manhattan and has no hardware knowledge, i'm not flying out there just to pull it apart and modify it.

this represents an enormous investment for me and my colleagues so this machine has got to show the software in the best possible light.

thanks.

A Clevo/Sager machine is probably what you need. Any specific budget?

No particular budget, to be honest i don't really know what such a thing would cost, we are expecting it to be a lot, so go mad, knock yourself out if you like but there is a limit, somewhere....

The Clevo P270WM is a 3930K stuffed in a laptop, triple HDD bay, somewhere around the $3000 range I believe.

Can also get 580M SLI in case the software can GPU compute with CUDA or such.

http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np9270-clevo-p270wm-ships-midapril-p-3595.html

Thanks, that looks awesome.... it says there "750GB 7200RPM Hard Drive (Upgradeable)"

do you think if we contact them they will ship it with a high speed SSD added to it as the boot drive and the mechanical drive move to storage?

[Edit] i have just spotted the customize link :)

It ships mid-April, just a warning. They have lower end machines (flagship Sandy Bridge mobile CPUs) available immediately. :)

It ships mid-April, just a warning. They have lower end machines (flagship Sandy Bridge mobile CPUs) available immediately. :)

Thanks, it will be around April when we actually need it anyway.

Back