• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Scored a G5 Proliant for $150. After 8 years, I'm back in it!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
DL360 G5 has Temp monitoring. The Fans will increase towards ludicrous speed as the temp rises.

Also the fans going full blast with the top off has more to do with the intrusion switch being open then anything (little trick that comes in handy for troubleshooting)

Probably best not to put that in writing, lest someone close that switch and think they are fixing the fan issue, when in reality IF the lid is off those fans SHOULD be running at 100%.

Lots of engineering into air flow in these things.

Probably best not to put that in writing, lest someone close that switch and think they are fixing the fan issue, when in reality IF the lid is off those fans SHOULD be running at 100%.

Lots of engineering into air flow in these things.

Oh I agree, I only figured it out when I mashed my hand down and the fans shut up one time. It was really hard to ID whatever issue it was when you had the equivalent of a herd of jet engines yelling at you...

It is not recommended and should not be done except in the above example.

:D "...herd of jet engines yelling at you" Good description! :D

Back