• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AX1200 & Sleeving

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

King107s

I recently picked up a new Corsair AX1200 and was very dissapointed with the sleeving job they did. The sleeving is very rigid, not a tight weave and the heatshrink ends with over an inch of wires exposed. At the ends of each line where the heat shrink is, the wires have a large bulge as well... My old 850TX had a much much better sleeving job than this and didnt cost anywhere near as much.

Now that I'm done complaining, I was looking into doing a custom sleeving job on the cables using some 1/8th UV blue sleeving on each individual line but have found the sleeving to be rather expensive.

Does anyone know where I could buy some in bulk for cheap?

This wasn't the one that I did, was it?! Did you purchase it from SeeThruHead?

If you need colored heatshrink, Performance-PCs is pretty much the only one that carries it at a decent price.

Just found some 200ft mini-spools at Frozencpu.com for much much cheaper than paying by the foot :thup:

This wasn't the one that I did, was it?! Did you purchase it from SeeThruHead?

If you need colored heatshrink, Performance-PCs is pretty much the only one that carries it at a decent price.

I got it from Newegg.

Ya, thats exactly it! See how crappy that sleeving job looks? For the price tag they hang on this bad boy it should have much nicer cabling than that... And whats up with that bulge under the heatshrink? Did they heat shrink over a zip-tie or something?

So did you re-wire it completely? I was thinking about getting some 18awg wire, crimping new ends on and changing the length of some of the lines like the CPU line because in my 800D I have a long way to route the line over... The ATX cable could use a little extra length too...

How much did you charge? Im thinking about buying the individually sleeved Corsair cables but if I can have mines done for cheaper then I may go that route! :thup:
Here was my quote for him. $42.06 in parts, basically. His was not sleeved individually, though, so your cost for sleeving is going to be a bit higher. Relatively speaking, sleeving is really cheap.

You may want to look at the quote. It includes stuff you might not need, such as connectors/pins. The sleeving and heatshrink are what you are interested in.

Last edited:
Back