• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Seti with a new GPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Badbonji

I have just installed the GTX 680 and now seti is saying "missing GPU(s)" - I have upgraded from a HD5970, how do I update this so that I can start running units on my card? Will it eventually update itself or will I need to manually do something?

Run the driver cleaner tool to clean out the ATI and CCC drivers completely.
You will need to re-optimize your BOINC install (I would uninstall and then start from scratch with a clean install after deleting all the registry entries and files/folders)

I'm anxious to see times on this. If the 660 is going to compare performance to the 580, this thing should really smoke through some WUs. Since its got 2GB onboard, are you running multiple instances (if not, you should be running at least 3 instances) ... that's the only drawback I see to this card over the 7970 since it has 3GB one could run 5 maybe 6 instances on that car. I'm guessing nV has a 680ti up their sleeve that will be both 3GB and 384 bit memory and probably some additional cores (maybe a 1728 core edition before the dual GPU 690 hits)

Never done that before, how do you set up multiple instances? The boinc manager does CPU units as well - is this ok?

Still haven't downloaded any GPU units as of yet either...

Edit: Got my first set of units (10 day download set). I changed the app_info.xml count field to 0.5 but still only runs one instance. What else needs to be done?

Last edited:
Back