• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New headset

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's saying 5.1.

As for the picture above.. thats how my setup is right now and nothing is going thru my headset except for skype, vent.. Everything else is going through my speakers.

I'm so frustrated with it.

Hmmmm, so..... Why use a headset if you're using your speakers? I'm thinking I'm not quite understanding something.

the thing is, i can't configure the "chat" and "game" functions to work properly. It works completely fine on my other computer, whereas it doesnt work on the computer I'm currently using. I dont know what settings are different from the two which is making it so frustrating.

I set it up according to the manual, but the "chat" and "game" are still only controlled by one of the 2 knobs.

Definitely a software/driver issue on your computer. Try changing the default to something else and then changing it back to the Realtec Speakers.

So after a while of using vent, i get this error

Your sound input device has stopped sending data to the Ventrilo client. Please verify that your sound drivers are up to date, that you have selected the correct sound input device and that it is properly attached to your computer. USB microphone devices can come loose and some sound cards will shutdown the input port if your microphone is not properly connected to the sound card.

Hmmm , sounds similar to an issue that XP used to get where it would put the USB ports to sleep after a while. Try going into the USB port drivers and disabling power saving. See if that makes a difference.

Right click "My Computer", go into "properties" and then go into "Device Manager". Expand "Universal Serial Bus Controllers". Open each item listed there one at a time and go into the "Power Management" tab, untick "Allow the computer to turn this device off to save power".

All there is to it.

Have you tried other software such as TeamSpeak? Does the issue occur in that also? That will help us determine whether its a software issue or something else at least. Beyond that, I'm not really sure. Seems odd.

Works perfectly with skype.. no problems. I don't use teamspeak tho.

So frustrating when i play dota with friends. can't communicate

Last edited:
I googled it and i dont have many hits.. so maybe it's uncommon.. or its just the headset.

Might go exchange my headset and see if it's the same.

Now the mic is starting to cut in and out during skype.. i hear a pause and it sound cuts off, comes back in a few seconds.

Hmmm. Possibly a defective unit. Really crappy luck. You said it worked in another computer though?

Nah I fixed the sound part and the full volume controls, but this is a different issue. Going to exchange it as we speak.. Most places are sold out as it was in sale last week..

A shame. A brilliant headset when working. The biggest increase in sound quality I got though was the DSS2

^

Exchanged it.. haven't had a problem with skype since.. now time for Vent another time.

Back