• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New headset

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yeah. confirmed it was a build quality thing...

No problems in vent. Sound quality is great. Thanks so much!.. Glad i decided to exchange it today. Made my gaming experience amazing.

You should be happy with them. They're a great sounding headset considering the price. If you ever get the chance try out the Turtle Beach DSS 2. Made an even bigger difference in sound quality for me, when moving from an Asus Xonar DX which is already an excellent card. :)

When you use the DSS 2, do you need a dedicated sound card? like the asus xonar DX first?

No, so long as you have an fibre optic port on your mainboard it plugs into that, with a USB cable to provide power to it. You headphones plug into the DSS2.

It's actually just a digital analog convertor + DSS effects so it's much more akin to a home theatre reciever than a sound card in that sense. While you can run from a sound card into it I'd recommend against it as you'd be negating the sound quality advantage you'd otherwise.

Not too sure, they compare very favorably to my old Plantronics Gamecon headset, and pretty much on par with some philips headphones I have. Senheiser is better though they're really headphones and in an entirely different price bracket.

The Turtle Beach P11's are by far and away the best I've ever heard from around $60 price bracket. Everyone who's used them comments on how clear everything is. The separate chat and game volume controls on the headset come in handy

This message

Your sound input device has stopped sending data to the Ventrilo client. Please verify that your sound drivers are up to date, that you have selected the correct sound input device and that it is properly attached to your computer. USB microphone devices can come loose and some sound cards will shutdown the input port if your microphone is not properly connected to the sound card.

Hmmmm, try something other than Ventrillo dude. Seems very strange to me that you're getting this issue again, and that Ventrillo is the only app it seems to occur in. Give TeamSpeak 3 or Mumble a try.

Thing is.. my friends all have vent servers.. dont' have TS lol.. The skype problem is gone now though.

I'm thinking the issue is actually vent though.... It would be good for testing purposes at least

Back