• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEWEGG ShellShocker 1:00PM-2:59PM PST -Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 120gb SSD $99.99

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I was sitting at work and totally missed out on this one. oh well. nice to see the egg put up a legit good deal for an SSD with some capacity.

I was thinking about getting this; however, the bad reviews worries me :(. Most people claims that it was working for quite awhile. Then, ssd just die.

I was thinking about getting this; however, the bad reviews worries me :(. Most people claims that it was working for quite awhile. Then, ssd just die.

This will be my 3rd SSD drive, last 2 were OCZ drives and they both went exactly as you are stating. Last one was still under warranty from OCZ, but being fed up with OCZ drives constantly going bad on me.. It got monkey stomped.

Hoping this one last's longer, so far so good.

This will be my 3rd SSD drive, last 2 were OCZ drives and they both went exactly as you are stating. Last one was still under warranty from OCZ, but being fed up with OCZ drives constantly going bad on me.. It got monkey stomped.

Hoping this one last's longer, so far so good.

Look into one with a marvell controller. The plextor SSD's are fantastic. I am running one and have had zero issues. The latest firmware updates the garbage collection to be even more efficient :D

god dang!!! just bought essentially the same thing from adata OEM package for 105.

my S510 hits those speeds just fine.... cant wait till i get the chance to get it installed with an OS.

of course.

agaility 3, mushkin enhanced chronos, adata S510 are all SF 2281 120gb Async NAND drives and all preform pretty much identical.

As always with my purchases.... i buy the S510 OEM package... next morning for the same 105 bucks the retial package with the bracket is up for sale... now 2 bucks less the mushkin retail... wtf mate!

That's what warranties are for. I believe the prior issues were resolved with a firmware update.

Thats not a valid answer..I don't want to not be able to use my computer because my SSD went kaput...and lets not forget about re-imaging..

Thats the main reason I still havn't gone to a SSD. There are still too many questions about the lower end ones (IE the ones I can afford). The only major answer I see online is "Intel's are great" then it gets a bit fuzzy.

Still, thats a damn good price. ALMOST worth the risk, but I think I'd pay a little more and wait for a Crucial M4 to go on sale (I hear they are good).

Thats the main reason I still havn't gone to a SSD. There are still too many questions about the lower end ones (IE the ones I can afford). The only major answer I see online is "Intel's are great" then it gets a bit fuzzy.

Still, thats a damn good price. ALMOST worth the risk, but I think I'd pay a little more and wait for a Crucial M4 to go on sale (I hear they are good).

I'm going to take the plunge and buy one.

Mushkin lives in my state! I'm pretty sure the RMA process is like a lot faster that way! Plus I know where they live, so if they fvck up, I'm eggin them :p

I'm going to take the plunge and buy one.

Mushkin lives in my state! I'm pretty sure the RMA process is like a lot faster that way! Plus I know where they live, so if they fvck up, I'm eggin them :p

Lmfao. I actually laughed out loud on that one!

Back