• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEWEGG ShellShocker 1:00PM-2:59PM PST -Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 120gb SSD $99.99

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
8xlWE.png

Well the reads speeds are pretty good but the write speed isn't close to what is advertised. I think it may be something with my motherboard whether it be the bios or the Marvell sata 6g controller. I will keep trying different things to see if I can get it up to speed.

Update: Crap, I just read this post on the Mushkin support forums. The Marvell sata 6g controller on my mobo maxes out at those speeds. I still really like the drive and this is still the best deal out there. Anyone with a newer motherboard shouldn't have the same problem just do you're research.
http://mushkingames.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22077&sid=9ba747650754b7e7ef1f62383a2ea89d

Sadly I will live with these numbers, as I can't justify a mobo swap , hell going from a 7200rpm hdd to a ssd even at them speeds is well worth it imho.

FYI Amazon has price matched the egg.

http://www.amazon.com/Mushkin-Chron...FU4I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334219976&sr=8-1

Anyone know if this drive will need a firmware update out of the box?

Last edited:
Why do people take a popular test and bench them abnormally.

Stop doing it!!! you are not the first to do so, or maybe you are and just spamming the forums

10QD really why? most controllers support 32 why not that? considering any large file transfer is done at 1QD..

you trying to poopoo a drive?

there really should be a unthanks button

EDIT: seriously waht the hell. 10 aint even a natural binary number. Unless you mean the number of people that understand binary. Those that do and those that do not.

I didn't post a benchmark but after reading this I checked mine and it auto loads at 4QD and maxes at 10QD. Is this because any higher is not supported?

^^ not really
my SSD (in sig) is alot worse in the reviews
me? i love this drive no problems at all
im just thinking that most ppl on newegg who review are morons
IE: i dropped my SSD and it broken 1 egg!
or: this SSD is green and i wanted a black SDD 1egg!

I don't really go by the reviews to be honest, how many people buy the item and don't make positive reviews? Probably thousands. I think the only time I write a review is when something doesn't work.

I do to some extent, when I see lots of DOA I normally look at another product. DOA is pretty hard to screw up.

I do to some extent, when I see lots of DOA I normally look at another product. DOA is pretty hard to screw up.

It seems that way with a lot of ssd drives excluding maybe the crucial m4's. I thought mine was messed up at first with bsod's but I upgraded my video card at the same time and my rig was just overheating. Got that sorted out and it's been rock solid.

Did anyone notice the newegg reviews on these drives are horrid?

Without even reading the reviews extensively I would be willing to bet the majority of bad reviews are from before the Sandforce firmware update that fixed issues including the BSOD bugs that affected all Sandforce drives. Try sorting them by date and see if more recent reviews are better.

Back