• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stalling downloads

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I had to force downloads the past couple of days... figured it was my connection... I do have a crappy dsl connection so that could've been part of it.
Now I'm losing work - work rollback? Anyone had that before?
I am getting astro-pulse work though.
NM... just checked BOINC and it's downloading more regular packets for me...

I put a 2600k system back on Seti the other day and for a few days, the server was struggling to give me enought work, especially the cuda work for the 8800gts in that box. But it's looking like I am getting more cuda work in for the vid card more regularly now. I was having problems with Rosetta sending that system into swap file hell by requiring enormous amounts of ram for their work units. If they keep that crap up I will be swapping over more machines from their project. It's a crying shame they can't manage their work to where it ties up 1/2 gig+ of ram per instance of the client running.:( So Rosetta's loss is Seti's gain.

I'm back having problems getting Seti work downloaded again. And my machine ate up it's supply of already downloaded wus already too. :(

Something changed!

All my stalled downloads suddenly flushed thru the system!!!

Update: False alarm. I'm back to a fully stalled download cache again. Any improvement was very very short term.....

Last edited:
I get about 30% cudas but burn right thru them, then get 1-5 of them every hour or two. Now I'm getting like a couple of hours worth of basic wu's at a time ?!?!?!?!

I get about 30% cudas but burn right thru them, then get 1-5 of them every hour or two. Now I'm getting like a couple of hours worth of basic wu's at a time ?!?!?!?!

My intel machine is acting the same way - seems to keep near nothing in cache.
My AMD machine though (which is suppose to have an 8 day work-load) has about 85% CUDA units in cache but I'm guessing only about 2-4 days worth of work there.

I have been constantly getting this problem since I began using it. Downloads would somehow randomly stop halfway through, and they had to be restarted or wait 5-10 minutes for it to automatically retry.

At the moment though it seems all the units are going through fine, d/l at 40KBps - just not getting any Cuda

Back