• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quake III Server - anyone want to come play?- Suggestions welcome

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr.Guvernment

So some guys from work like QIII and so i got a server set up, right now it is running 2 custom maps and other stock maps, i am still trying to tweak what maps to put on it, any suggestions are welcome for map rotations to use or settings....

If you got Quake III, install the Io additions to the game http://ioquake3.org/ , if you don't have the game, message me.

I want to see what load this can handle as i want to set up some tournaments for our work and even if guys from OCF want to have some fun on it....

Server is on 190.7.206.220

This is located in Costa Rica, but pings should be tolerable..

hop on and let me know, it has 5 bots if there are less than 5 people on.

Last edited:
:) appreciated, trying to get some friends together to play but so far no one, usually around 3-5PM CR time i got a few guys in.

"Couldn't load maps/DW_GMU.bsp". "Downloading is disabled on this server". Mind either enabling downloading, or posting a maplist so I can download them before I get another error? :p I also can't find a copy of katdm3 that matches the server.

Last edited:
lol

good to know,

downloading should work, was working for me at home, i have it using http downloading.

server is on and off right now while i try new configs and tweaks :D but once i know it is %100 up will let everyone know.

Reviving the old quake iii, sir you have my gratitude. It's amazing how many people still play it... I've played it since I was like 10-11ish. My favorite game of all time :D

i love the game!

server is down for now as i redo our work network, but once that is done it will be back!

heh, used to really like that game too

used to get together once every few months for a LAN party with 8 - 16 people - taking turns in hosting the all weekend sessions :D

I played through the single player completely on Nightmare, a few lvls were tricky but got there in the end

Fun times

Back