• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

More voltage on my 580.. How?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

freeagent

Hi guys.

Okay, so Im playing with my 580. The one thing I noticed right away was that I could not get more then 1.15v on this particular 580 Matrix P. My old Asus 570 went to 1.215v in the bios.. Thats what I want for this card. I can get it to 1.15 useing software, but then when I move to the buttons, they just make the lights come up, but they dont actually change any voltage.. Without software they do. Precision X shows 1.215v, but only lets me select 1.15. Why would they make such an awsome card, but stick a dud core on it :bang head

:D

Right, so I heard something somewhere about a different bios that I could run. My amaseing powers of google have turned nothing up. All I want to do is run it at 1ghz... seems pretty reasonable! Ive never had a gpu make it as far as this has.. I just need a little more!

Edit:

About the speed thing.. I was able to run my old Asus 4890 at 1ghz... but that was no fun :D

Last edited:
The buttons add voltage beyond what it says in software from what I gather.

If you want to edit your bios export it with gpuz then use an nvidia bios editor to up the voltage to 1.213 at maximum, save it then use nvflash to upload the new bios to the card

Thanks man, much appreciated :thup:

I am a bit nervous flashing this particular card, but I guess I will have to get over it :D

The card does let you write to its firmware, but actually flashing its bios makes me feel like a big kitty :sadface

When this thing gets finicky, its a real pita sometimes.. kind of like an expensive nightmare, but worse cuz its mine ;)

Well.. after some consideration, I will probably just get a 680 lol.

Upon second thought I'm almost positive that the button does add voltage beyond what is listed in software (I remember testing it with a multimeter when I was doing some benchmarking on air)

Back