• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Crosshair V Formula or ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Professional AM3+ 990FX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Metlcub

Ok, Im down to these 2 board for my new build. I just dont know which one I want to go with, I like the better sound card in the Asus board, but I do like the double Nic in the Asrock. I dont use speakers but I do use a Sennheiser PC350 headset, which is like 10 Hz - 26,000 Hz. oh I love this headset.

For music and gaming what you think? I can get either board for about the same one paying tax, the other not paying tax.

Will be using
Corsair Force 3 180g SSD
GTX 470, will upgrade when 660 or 670's release I dont do SLI or Crossfire.

What board ya think is would be best for Gaming, movies, music. BF3, MW3, EQ, MW2 etc.

Well, if you check out my sig you'll find that I'm bias.
In all honesty this ASUS Crosshair 5 Fornula board is the best board I ever owned.
It's not a board for a noobie, If your going to go with a FX CPU then as far as I'm concerned it's the ONLY way to go ! :)

well I can get the Crosshair V formula for 179.99 when I get the FX-8120 for 179.99, so Im leaning more to the Asus. But I do like the double Nic, and with 30meg cable. Not sure if I would see a differance in pings or not with the double nic.

30 meg cable here 2 no diff using dual lan except for large d/l s also torrent..
a high end modem and router will help to get the best internet speeds..
i would go with the chv

asus crosshair V formula
amd fx8150
zotac geforce 660 2gb gddr5
g.skill ripjaws 8gb(2*2)
seagate baracuda 1tb+kingston 64 gb ssd
asus drw BE5T internal optical drive
corsair 800guk 800W
antec lanboy air red chassi
razer arctosa gaming keyboard
razer naga hex
:thup:

Im considering going from Intel to AMD.

I was going to go with Asus Crosshair V Formula with FX-8150 CPU.

Sorry for asking in your thread, but since its kinda of the same i want to know, i firuged i should ask here.

Would the combo be good?

Yes, it would be good, but I would encourage you to wait a little while. The next iteration of the FX line might be coming out soon if rumors are to be believed. You might go with that, or FX-8150 prices might go down on the new chip's release.

if you are going to overclock it asus crosshair, otherwise the asrock will do.
I am an asus guy.

Back