• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

socket temps asrock 990fx extreme 3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

slynutcase

when stress tesing useing such said motherboard my socket temps rise into the low 70 degrees c, even at a low OC, jus wondering if anyone has had any experiance with these
motherboards and overclocking as im sure its probably not good to have those temps beeing pumped out, yet under everyday useage even running battlefield 3 for a few hours
it doesnt go much over 60 so dont think its too much of a problem jus want some opinions on this really.

Don't worry about socket temps, it's the core temps you should be paying attention to, as long as the core temps are 55c or below you;re golden.

thats ok then core temps on prime 95 blend havent gone over 45 and intel burn test have pushed them up to 50 but not gone over, so should be ok then, always been worrying about the socket temps even tho the cores have been all good.. glad to hear that everythings fine.

when stress tesing useing such said motherboard my socket temps rise into the low 70 degrees c, even at a low OC, jus wondering if anyone has had any experiance with these

Not sure how much difference between the Zosma and the newer FX cpus but there are a number of users that had issues with FX cpu when the socket temps reached about 61c. One part of the cpu is trying to raise cpu multiplier for turbo boosting and Cool N Quiet is trying to throttle the cpu back for cooler temps. Seems two things fighting each other, but socket temps get high on the FX series then the APM starts to throttle the cpu. That has seemed to begin in relation to about 61c with FX processor. So your Zosma may not have an issue since it does not have the full turboboost that FX processors have.

it doesnt seem to have any affect on it, turbo is off and c&q is off, as with most things i prefer to have cooler temps but aslong as its not damaging anything i can deal with it, just means that i may look into a diferent motherboard when funds allow, havent been to fond of these asrock extreme 3's had 2 now and both sockets heated up like an oven in summer, will probably go for an asus rog, or asrock fatality next.

Back