• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Switch on PSU fixes everything

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sony190

I recently bought a Antec EA 650 Watt Power Supply. I had a problem with one 4 pin connector and sent it in for replacement. While I am waitng for replacement needed psu so put in the old Vantec 400-B watt psu. I remember this psu getting all great reviews thats is why I purchased it, The minute I hit the boot up screen eveything lit up t, I was having a problem with the monitor after installing the 12.2 AMD drivers in Linux. There was discoloration on the screen to the point that where looking at the screen hurt my eyes. programs loaded average., but it just felt sort of slow. No0w with the old PSU programs load faster are more responsive and the color of the screen is Bright like you woul;d want.
Is this the point of a Platinum psu of the old years matching the Platinum of today. Is this the type of correctness that Platinum psu have over bronze ?

HERE ILL HIGHLIGHT SOME TEXT

What? A PSU shouldn't have any effect at all on those things. It's either in your head, or turning all your equipment off for a while did it some good. :)

A power supply can't affect any of that stuff dude.... All it can affect is stability.

Oh, the OEM for their current range is FSP. I forgot to include that in my previous post.

Well i mean technically if a PSU isnt pusing enough power to the processor I would assume it could run slower. But if it is that noticeable I would think it would either crash or fail to boot. Either way Id say its in your head as well :p

Well i mean technically if a PSU isnt pusing enough power to the processor I would assume it could run slower.
Power supplies do not "push" power, it is drawn from the components. If the PSU could not supply enough power to run the processor, it would crash for sure, not run slower.

^^^ Spot on.

Hey thideras, when did you change from blue to green, and what does it mean?

Cheers mate

Back