• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with GPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sj53bk11

Hey guys, long timer lurker.

I have a friend who wants to run Microsoft Flight Sim X, he already purchased a HP Pavilion HPE h8t series:

h8t
• Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium [64-bit]
• Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 quad-core processor with Turbo-Boost [up to 3.8GHz, 8MB cache]
• 8GB DDR3-1333MHz SDRAM [2 DIMMs]

• 1GB DDR3 AMD Radeon HD 7450 [HDMI, DVI, VGA via adapter]
• 600W Power supply

Already purchased four Dell UltraSharp U2212HM 21.5-inch Monitor with LED

What can I do to drive all four monitors?

Between the box only having a single pci x16 slot and 3 PCI 1x, the dell monitors lack of DP 1.2 and Microsofts Flight simX built-in multi monitor support, I am totally confused on what to do.

Should I replace the 7450?
Should I buy 2 more PCI 1x cards?

I can spend around $300.

Please help! :shrug:

Last edited:
I think the HD 7450 may also struggle when using multiple monitors on that game due to it being a weak card. Only 2 monitors at a time can be used without using displayport outputs on the card. This will mean you need to buy two (I believe they NEED to be active, also) DP adapters to DVI. I would suggest also getting a more powerful card, that one only has 160sp's and would probably struggle.

Back