• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Diablo III

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Triskite, we do not discuss cracking on these forums and it is actually one of our rules. I know that your post was in jest, but I don't want to see you get in trouble.

Thanks, thideras. However, the only applicable rules I can find are these:

6. Discussion of the unauthorized reproduction, distribution, copying, or theft of copyrighted materials is forbidden. This includes, but is not limited to discussion of the use of peer to peer (P2P) applications for the purpose of obtaining copyrighted material. Discussion of P2P programs and networks is not forbidden; but there is to be no connection (stated, implied, or otherwise) to obtaining copyrighted material, or other illegal activities. ABSOLUTELY no posting of Warez (Pirated Software) or links to Warez sites. Some topics may seem like grey areas, however moderators may close a thread that threatens to delve into such areas.

8. The management of this Forum does not condone theft, trading in stolen property, or the aiding and abetting of those who do. Any such discussions regarding stolen property will be dealt with swiftly, and the offending member risks complete loss of membership privileges in our Forums.

but neither of those are directly applicable...?

Hello again Triskite. It falls under the "Illegal and Unethical posts" section. It violates their ToS, which means it is not allowed to be discussed here. This is the same reason we can't discuss putting the Mac OS on non-Mac hardware -- it violates the ToS.

I can say for sure that it would be a Very Bad Topic to discuss.

In addition to this, moderator staff may at their discretion choose to edit, remove or otherwise manipulate material they feel is not of a suitable ethical standard. This is entirely at the moderators' discretion. This may include for example: use of unsecured wireless networks, threads that discuss/poke fun at/otherwise unfairly involve people, organizations or sites in areas of the forum in which they cannot defend themselves.

It falls under the "Illegal and Unethical posts" section. It violates their ToS, which means it is not allowed to be discussed here. This is the same reason we can't discuss putting the Mac OS on non-Mac hardware -- it violates the ToS.

I can say for sure that it would be a Very Bad Topic to discuss.

Good to know, I didn't know that hackintosh/osx86 wasn't allowed here.

I just hope it doesn't disappoint me as bad as Star Craft 2 did. And where are the other Starcraft expansions? Wings of Liberty came out July 27, 2010. Almost 2 years and the 2nd installment hasn't been released, does that mean it will be six years before we see all three races?

so... does anyone know if blizz went to the same lengths to prevent hacking/cracking as they did for d2? hex editing items in d1 to have 1M+ damage was fun and all, but what made d2 shine was the equal playing ground ensured by strong server security. also- any word about early (e.g. battle.net beta) servers for test play? i know about regular beta, of course

What game were you playing? Diablo II was full of hacks, bots, dupes, and bugged/hacked items. Do you really think all those probably millions of Stone of Jordans, small poison charms, .08 Valors, and 40/15 IAS/MD jewels were legit? Not to mention all of the Ith/Fury weapons, occulus rings, bugged Valors, and whatever else I can't remember. And that was just on US East. I never played much on US West but from what I heard it was a major hack fest with hacked items that made our hacked items seem reasonable.

The weird thing is all of those hacks really extended the life of that game. I mean Diablo II was a fun game but after a year or so it got pretty old. After the expansion there was a long period of time with zero new content added to the game. It wasn't until patch 1.10 that they added any new content and even that was just super bosses and slight changes to how the skill trees worked. You can only duel and do cow runs for so long before you just get sick of it. The slow release of new hacked items kept the game fresh and fun.

I always get a little sad when I think about how it's been over 10 years since all of those hacked items were put on bnet yet the real truth about how they were made and who the mastermind behind it all has never been revealed. There's a lot of theories but nobody really knows for sure how it all went down. I always hoped that one day they would contact a gaming magazine or something and spill the beans.

Sorry for the rant but I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

I just hope it doesn't disappoint me as bad as Star Craft 2 did. And where are the other Starcraft expansions? Wings of Liberty came out July 27, 2010. Almost 2 years and the 2nd installment hasn't been released, does that mean it will be six years before we see all three races?

As Blizzard lives and dies by the phrase: when it is done it is done. I would expect the SC2 expansion to come out some time this year. Or I should say, I would be surprised for it to slip farther than 1Q 2013, as they already have D3 and WoW:MoP coming out this year. I'm not sure if they want to stagger it a bit more as once all 3 of those get out there there won't be much else to look at them for the next 2-3 years [unless they finally make an announcement about Titan].

I could hardly call SC2 a disappointment, unless you just feel that way due to the length that it has taken for the next installment to come out. I haven't played it for some time, but still occasionally follow Team-Liquid's site and the e-sports part of it still seems to be doing quite well [if not slightly overtaken by LoL]

Back