• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Diablo III

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fcomstoc

I dont know how many of you play WOW anymore but if you purchased the annual pass a few months ago they were offering Diablo III and a mount for free. I checked my account last night and the D III release is available. I think it is just a Beta but it is there if anyone wants to try it. I am new to the Diablo series so I am excited to try out the new one. Hopefully the Download will be finished when I get home later and I can try it out.

I think you have the actual release client, to get in the beta you'll get an email invite. The beta client actually says "Beta" underneath it whereas the release client has "Global"... See the screenshot of my account below:

untitled2.PNG

Ok well I guess I have the release then, I am surprised that I got it so soon since the game still is not expected to be out for a few months.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-03-29 at 12.22.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-03-29 at 12.22.06 PM.png
    30.7 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Yeah, they started allowing purchase and pre-download of the release client a couple weeks ago when they announced the release date.

Just curious, how much was the annual sub to WoW to get D3 free?

Yeah, they started allowing purchase and pre-download of the release client a couple weeks ago when they announced the release date.

Just curious, how much was the annual sub to WoW to get D3 free?

No real cost, you just have to agree to pay $14.99/mo for 12 months, as the normal subscription cost. Pretty much they lock you in for that year.

Only real way to back out is cancel the card, which I've heard if you do that, you loose your D3 access.

Ah okay, so it's literally free for anyone who plays WoW. I was wondering if an annual sub to WoW would be less than $60, and I got ripped off :D

No real cost, you just have to agree to pay $14.99/mo for 12 months, as the normal subscription cost. Pretty much they lock you in for that year.

Only real way to back out is cancel the card, which I've heard if you do that, you loose your D3 access.

+1, it is just a way to lock you in for a year. I was planning on staying in WoW for at least another year so I signed up. D3 was just a bonus.
I pay for the WoW remote as well which is another $3 so I pay around $18/month

I assume that they will have expansions for D3 as well that they will charge all users for, so I figure that even with this free deal you will still have to shell out some money at some point.

That was my thought too. If I am paying for WOW anyways I might as well get D3 out of the deal. You are locked in and have to pay a portion of it if you back out but after about 6 months one of them will be free so no big deal. If I recall right you also get into the beta for the new WOW expansion but I have yet to see that even though I have started seeing videos of it.

I would love to get the Beta for the new WoW expansion but I havent seen it up either, Blizzard runs on their own time though so I wouldnt hold my breath :)

BTW the D3 download it taking FOREVER, it has been running now for almost 12 hours and it says it has an hour left, I guess that is the price you pay for getting it early.

it went way fast for me took me less than 2 hours well way fast in comparison maybe there swamped or maybe just a problem.

There is something weird going on, usually my connection is really fast +50MPS, maybe they are just busy.

its only one of the two lol maybe they have more people pre-ordering\downloading then they thought would. so test it by downloading something else from another site

I just ran speedtest on my iPhone on the wifi and got 18+ DL and 13+ up, it is slower than usual but still not that bad. So I dont know.

I was curious so I turned off the wifi and ran the speedtest I got 2.08m down and .81m up on the 3/4g not too bad.

Last edited:
Mine tool forever as well. The aggravating part is that once completed it wouldn't let me install because it wasn't the release date yet...

so... does anyone know if blizz went to the same lengths to prevent hacking/cracking as they did for d2? hex editing items in d1 to have 1M+ damage was fun and all, but what made d2 shine was the equal playing ground ensured by strong server security. also- any word about early (e.g. battle.net beta) servers for test play? i know about regular beta, of course

Last edited:
so... anyone cracked it yet to play on a fake battlenet server!! ?? ;b
<<<<<<<<<
You may want to remove this posts, Discussions about "cracking" software is not allowed on this forum, it violates the terms of use and is not allowed

<<<<<<<<<
You may want to remove this posts, Discussions about "cracking" software is not allowed on this forum, it violates the terms of use and is not allowed

The whole reason diablo ii was such a phenomenal success was that the developers and maintainers warded off hacking so well and for so long. I was half joking but half seriously interested. I want this sequel to be fantastic and would like some reassurance that similar precautions have been taken.

I do not condone any kind of cracking, especially not for my favorite game franchise.

Triskite, we do not discuss cracking on these forums and it is actually one of our rules. I know that your post was in jest, but I don't want to see you get in trouble.

Back