• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with SSD choice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Newegg reviews are a pretty poor metric on how good a product is. :-/

So I dont need anything special to hook it up ? Its straight forward hook up , I remember when there waas alot of speculation on how to hook them up with the first generation SSD's ?
Apparently I wont get trim with Win Xp,what about Linux?

Linux has had TRIM support since around 2.6.23. Any recent release will have it.

Will sturate Sata 6 totally with Linux, has it been done ?

Last edited:
I haven't seen benchmarks, but if the driver is available for the storage controller, it should work fine.

What SSD uses other benching software besides ATTO to recieve HIGH score

What other benchmarks for SSDs? Is that what you are asking?

ATTO is what MFG go buy to get their 'stats' for the drive. That said, there is Crystal Disk Mark and AS SSD.

You also need to consider that, supposedly, the SF 2281 now has much better FW and the OCZ drives, and several others using it, are not showing the poor results either.

The landscape of these things change pretty frequently.

I recently just purchased an Intel 520 120GB. You can't go wrong with Intel due to their reliability, 5 year warranty and reputation! Was thinking about getting an OCZ Vertex 3 but apparently they're still plagued with BSODs. Intel managed to develop firmware that doesn't plague their SSD from the Sandforce controller. As one of the above posters said Samsung, Intel and Crucial both have great track records. I bought Vertex LE awhile back and first thing out of the box it BSODS. Got an Intel X-25M and never looked back.

That Mushkin 120GB is a beast and for the price can't be beat. It's fast and feels much more responsive than the Corsair Force 3 that I was using. I think the difference is the 2281 controller in the Mushkin versus the 2200 in the Corsair.

If you're looking to spend that kind of money as the first two listed, then I'd suggest a Samsung 830 instead. But, given the choice of those given...
The middle one, since the last one is just enhanced chronos and not chronos deluxe.

Back