• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with overclocking FX-6100 please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Cpu/ht ref clock - 208
cpu ratio x20.0 -4000 mhz
trubo core - disabled
cpu/nb freq - Auto
cpu over voltage - 1.40
ht link speed - Auto
ht over voltage - Auto
Dram timing config - Auto
Memory over voltage - auto

And right now with just this page open temps running high 20's C

this okay or do you have any changes in mind?

im also sure that if right now its temps are high 40s with just one firefox browers open that when im in a game its gonna be 70c + so idk

after running prime for about 35-40 secs its re-boot so i went back to default settings i think im doing something wrong temps were going up to about 70c

What cooler are you running? Try setting everything back to stock, then only change the CPU Ratio (Multiplier) to 20 and the voltage to 1.36, turn off turbo core, and don't change anything else. Assuming it boots get some screen caps of CPU-Z, the memory page as well as the processor, and HWMonitor and post those screen caps here. Then, after posting the screen shots, trying running a Prime95 blend test, see what the temps get up to after a 20 minute run, but stop them if they get too hot too fast.

New screens cpu ratio 20 - voltage 1.36

And im gonna start prime now

Attachments

• screen1.jpg
    screen1.jpg
    324.8 KB · Views: 42
  • screen 2.jpg
    screen 2.jpg
    301.5 KB · Views: 42
Yeah, it doesn't seem like your cooling setup is working well. If you have some extra thermal paste, you could try reseating your cooler. Otherwise it would be a good idea to get a new cooler before you try again.

Yeah, it doesn't seem like your cooling setup is working well. If you have some extra thermal paste, you could try reseating your cooler. Otherwise it would be a good idea to get a new cooler before you try again.

i have thermal paste here, but cant i take the stock fan off and put a better fan on it?

I got it pretty stable at 3.6ghz i can probably go up to 3.7 but not gonna bother till i get the new cooler that's defiantly the problem.... i appreciate all your time on helping, you have a msn??

Currently at 3.7 and front side bus set at 210, voltage set at 1.40 running smooth ran a temp record over night she ran about 17c

Hi i just bought a Liquid cooler was wondering if you could help me over clock over 4.0 same specs just a different cooler thank you

It's no different with a different cooler. Follow the steps that are in this thread and watch temps. Do not exceed 62c (preferably 55c).

It's no different with a different cooler. Follow the steps that are in this thread and watch temps. Do not exceed 62c (preferably 55c).

yeah but for some reason i get a voltage error when i set at 1.40 for 4.0

Back