• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First Custom Loop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tinmann

Registered
I'm new to this forum and would first like to say Hi to everyone. I'm in the process of completing my first custom loop. I'd been using the Corsair H100 cpu cooler and it's done a good job of keeping my i5 2500K cool OC'd @ 4.3Ghz but now I'd like to water cool my GPU's also. I have GTX 480's SLI at stock speeds with dual monitors and my cards idle in the 40's and under load in the 70's.
I've acquired a number of parts and I'm really close to completion but I'm still not decided if I want to do a dual or a single loop.

My Specs are:

Corsair 800d
Asus P8Z68-V Pro
Intel i5 2500K
Corsair Vengeance 1600 Mhz 4 X 4Gbs
SeaSonic Platinium 1000 PSU
GTX 480 SLI
Corsair Force 3 120Gb SSD
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 Tb HDD
Corsair H100

My Parts list to date:

Scythe Kaze Master Pro Fan Controller
Koolance RP-452X2 Reservoir
XSPC Raystorrm CPU Block
Laing D5 pumps X 2
TFC X-Changer 360mm Rad
TFC X-Changer 120mm Rad (These are some really thick Rads)
Black Ice GTX 140mm Rad
Scythe S-Flex fans X 3
Yate Loon 140mm Med Speed Fan
Yate Loon 120mm High Speed Fan

I need compression fittings, tubing and a few odds and ends. I'd like to know it is true you can run 3 fans on one channel with the Kaze Pro. I'd like to run the 3 Scythe fans on the 360 Rad off one channel at the same speed if thats possible.

TFC are thick, so is my PA and XSPC. They also have low FPI. You know anythin about FPI and what the results of Feser rad tests are?

Why D5 pumps? There is smaller and better.

I'm sure you read the stickies up top for a few days, good for you.

Dbl check your pumpage and your resoning why the kinda shunned Feser company is your rad choice. a

The pumps and the Reservoir were a package deal and yes I did read the reviews on the Feser Rads but I got a really good deal on 2 new ones. I really wanted the XSPC RX 360 but I felt at the time that the 3 rads I bought together would be adequate for my needs.
http://skinneelabs.com/tfc-x-changer-360/

I looked for the Thermochill which has 10 FPI but the Feser only has 2 more FPI than the PA so it ought to get decent low fan performance, if not the fans I have are rated to 1900 rpm and 75 cfm and I should be able to find a comfortable balance between noise and cooling.

TFC360_HeatLoadChart.jpg

Rated @ 1900 rpm you can see where my fans sit on this chart.

I've been on some marathon information gathering expeditions for sure.

Back