• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Half-Life 3!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zitnik

Well played, Mr. Newell.

Attachments

• hl3.JPG
    hl3.JPG
    149.1 KB · Views: 262
  • april1.JPG
    april1.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 246
Is it me or is HL3 the new Duke Nukem Forever vaporware????

The only difference is that HL3 is still being done by valve and hasn't been dropped/picked up by a half dozen developers and then being forced out to release.

Let's just hope that this long makes it worth it. Maybe they are creating a new Engine instead of re-using the [now] dated Source engine.

I think it has been confirmed they are using a new engine for HL3, will be as long or longer than HL2 and, of course, end the HL series for good... so the game has to be epic.

The only difference is that HL3 is still being done by valve and hasn't been dropped/picked up by a half dozen developers and then being forced out to release.

Let's just hope that this long makes it worth it. Maybe they are creating a new Engine instead of re-using the [now] dated Source engine.

This. Valve is working on it, and it's safe to say at this point it won't be HL2:Ep3 but just HL3 with a new engine, there's no other reason why it'd be taking this long. I'm guessing they'll announce it at E3 and (hopefully) it'll be out next year.

This. Valve is working on it, and it's safe to say at this point it won't be HL2:Ep3 but just HL3 with a new engine, there's no other reason why it'd be taking this long. I'm guessing they'll announce it at E3 and (hopefully) it'll be out next year.
Heres to keeping our hopes up :thup:

Yeah, they have already confirmed there will be no more episodes for HL2.

I haven't been home for the last 2 days and missed this! i would have flipped.... hopefully it will be out soon. but until then Diablo III!

personally i wish they would make HL2:EP3 and not call it HL3.

IMO they should still call it HL2 cause its the same story line, then come out with HL3 with a new story line. like how the story line differs between HL1 and HL2, it just makes sense that way to me.

well what they could do is wrap up the last part of HL2 in the first level or two of HL3 and throw you right into a new story through like a flashback or something they have a few options.

I'm pretty sure the HL2 stolen beta had content in it for levels beyond EP2 that were hinted at the end of EP2, primarily the ship IIRC.

With this and the presentation they did some years back about using multicore processors to enhance immersion and gameplay options, I wouldn't be surprised it Valve had just burnt out creatively speaking on the HL franchise and decided to wait until quad cores become the most popular CPU type in their hardware survey so they could do something radically improved/different.

I'm pretty sure the HL2 stolen beta had content in it for levels beyond EP2 that were hinted at the end of EP2, primarily the ship IIRC.

With this and the presentation they did some years back about using multicore processors to enhance immersion and gameplay options, I wouldn't be surprised it Valve had just burnt out creatively speaking on the HL franchise and decided to wait until quad cores become the most popular CPU type in their hardware survey so they could do something radically improved/different.

That wouldn't surprise me. I've always felt the Source engine was more CPU heavy, so I would expect they'd wait for quad-core/dualcore with HT minimum to become the norm to come out with a new engine. I also just figured they've been busy with Portal 2 and TF2, so HL3 kind of got pushed to the side.

That wouldn't surprise me. I've always felt the Source engine was more CPU heavy, so I would expect they'd wait for quad-core/dualcore with HT minimum to become the norm to come out with a new engine. I also just figured they've been busy with Portal 2 and TF2, so HL3 kind of got pushed to the side.

Here's to hoping. It's releases like HL2 that keep me interested in the FPS genre.

Back