BitFenix Raider Mid-Tower Chassis Review

Recently BitFenix sent us a conspicuous looking box with the word Raider emblazoned on the side. According to Merriam-Webster the definition of Raider is as follows: one that raids, a: a fast lightly armed ship operating against merchant shipping, b: a soldier specially trained for close range fighting, c: one that attempts a usually hostile takeover of a business corporation. Given the definition of Raider, I was very much looking forward to giving this case a good look over, and if true to past BitFenix chassis offerings I will not be disappointed.

... Return to article to continue reading.

Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile
    Nice review, and thanks. BitFenix seems to be coming on as a decent design house over the last couple of years. That case coating has me intrigued. Seems to be a decent way to handle multiple issues; besides being tasty it may even provide a tad of noise/vibration dampening?
    Main rig: ASUS Z87 A||Intel i7-4770K @4.25 ||Corsair H100i
    Antec EA 650w||G.Skill Ripjaws X 2133 x8||Intel 730 240Gb
    Seagate 1Tb F1 7200 32Mb||HIS Radeon R9 290X ->Tt water 3.0 performer via G10 bracket
    NZXT Phantom Black||fans 1x140, 5x120, 1x200||Asus VN247H-P||Win7 Pro 64-bit
    Folding User Stats

In memory of Adak

99 bucks!? I would have chose that over my Phantom, that's a slick looking case IMHO. Nice review!
    Case: Corsair 800D
    Motherboard: ASUS Maximus IV Extreme Z
    CPU: 2500k @ Stock (Custom WC Loop)
    Memory: Mushkin Enhanced Radioactive 8GB @ 1600
    HD: Crucial M4 64GB (OS) | 300GB WD Raptor
    Video Card: XFX HD 4870 (for now)
    PSU: Corsair HX850

I prefer to lick 9 volts.
    SYSTEM
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 4.1GHz
    ASUS Crosshair V Formula
    XFX HD-6870
    8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
    Corsair TX850M
    CM HAF-932

WC Loop
    XSPC Raystorm CPU Block
    XSPC EX360 Rad
    XSPC Dual Bay Res w/ VPP655 Vario Pump

Researches Meritless
    LIES for the Front
    Page and Super Mutterator

Overclockers.com Editor
    First Responders

Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile
    Nice job on the review cattri! Nice case for the price too!

"We have more information and more ways of accessing it than ever, yet seem increasingly less inclined to do so."- Michael Wilbon

Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert17 View Post
    Nice review, and thanks. BitFenix seems to be coming on as a decent design house over the last couple of years. That case coating has me intrigued. Seems to be a decent way to handle multiple issues; besides being tasty it may even provide a tad of noise/vibration dampening?
    I have to say that this case coupled with a soon to be posted review of Spectre Pro fans and the current Sprectre fans inside is completely silent! To me it amazes me because I am soooo used to using Deltas or another fan that I can hear on all settings. At first the lack of noise was unsettling to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by kskwerl View Post
    99 bucks!? I would have chose that over my Phantom, that's a slick looking case IMHO. Nice review!
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by noobnerd View Post
    I prefer to lick 9 volts.
    I like the tingly feeling also, but sometimes we have to take on for the team!
    Quote Originally Posted by EarthDog View Post
    Nice job on the review cattri! Nice case for the price too!
    Thanks!
    "I just picked up some Vaseline and a big syringe. I'm thinking using the syringe will make it easier to put the Vaseline in all the little hard to reach spots. I'm hoping to get to mess with it tonight, if so I'll post some videos" Convicted1

Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile Rosetta Profile
    Very nice review, well done!
    Quite a case for $99, too.

I need to find myself an epic landscape for taking case photos.

EDIT:
    Also, rofl at the lick and disclaimer. Hilarious
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." -- Einstein (maybe)

Thinking about an Asus motherboard? Think again.

How to check your PSU with a multimeter.

17bXw5t51rEBXGavJFMJsC8g7HQgThUGc7

Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobnova View Post
    Very nice review, well done!
    Quite a case for $99, too.

I need to find myself an epic landscape for taking case photos.

EDIT:
    Also, rofl at the lick and disclaimer. Hilarious
    Thank you Sir I had to put the disclaimer in, if I hadn't you never know what could happen.... I can hear it now "Well that capttripppp feller said he licked his case so I thought I might just lick my (fill in the blank)" Next thing you know his computer is toast, or he is a crispy critter or something crazy along those lines.
    Edit: Common Sense is something that seems to be getting rare in this day and age
    "I just picked up some Vaseline and a big syringe. I'm thinking using the syringe will make it easier to put the Vaseline in all the little hard to reach spots. I'm hoping to get to mess with it tonight, if so I'll post some videos" Convicted1