should i be worried about this?

wasnt gaming or anything, this just happened on desktop

i dont shut down my computer anymore. i just put it to sleep since it turns on/off way faster than if i shut it down and turn it on. also its practically the same since the psu turns off when it goes to sleep anyway so its not like its using any power, but could this have something to do with the error? ive never seen it before and ive been doing the whole sleep thing for maybe a month
    -MSI Z87I
    -Intel 4670K
    -8GB Corsair Vengeance
    -EVGA GTX 760 4GB
    -Silverstone Strider Plus 600W
    -BitFenix Prodigy
    -2x 120Gb OCZ Vertex 3
    -3x Samsung 2443BW+
    -Windows 8.1

SETI Profile
    Wow, just figured it (I think). Two things actually.
    1) It appears your power supply is going out. That screen basically tells you there was a voltage surge to the mobo and it shut down to save itself.
    2) With an andriod device plugged into a PC attempting to start windows - it'll hang up. I don't know if it is because the PC is waiting for an operating system decision or what but I have noticed I cannot reboot with my phone plugged into the usb (even if only charging).
    4770k - GA Z87 UD5H - 16 GB RipJaws @ 2133 - Sapphire HD7970 - 35X/EX240 rad - SeaSonic 660XP - Rosewill Patriot
    2500k @ 4.6 - Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z/Gen3 - 16 GB RipJaws @ 1600 - HD7950/EKWB waterblock - 35X/360 rad - SeaSonic X650 - CM 935 Stacker
    Both running 100% 24/7/365

Quote Originally Posted by OCCrisisMaker View Post
    Wow, just figured it (I think). Two things actually.
    1) It appears your power supply is going out. That screen basically tells you there was a voltage surge to the mobo and it shut down to save itself.
    mmmmmmm psu is dying huh. to be honest ive never liked it, like its cheap and puts out the power, but its just dodgy sometimes. ive had one die on me before and i got warranty. thanks
    -MSI Z87I
    -Intel 4670K
    -8GB Corsair Vengeance
    -EVGA GTX 760 4GB
    -Silverstone Strider Plus 600W
    -BitFenix Prodigy
    -2x 120Gb OCZ Vertex 3
    -3x Samsung 2443BW+
    -Windows 8.1

Senior Warranty Validity Sealed Stick Remover Oklahoma Wolf's Avatar
    10 Year Badge
    Heatware Profile
    Use a DMM to check the power supply. If you don't see any major fluctuations there, reseat the ATX connector and try it again.

The CP-850 is one of the most stable power supplies you can find... not too likely it's causing issues by itself. On the other hand, poor contact at the ATX connector can cause problems with voltage drops.
    Asus P8Z68 Pro-V Gen3
    2500K w/ Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme
    16GB G.Skill Ripjaws
    Inwin GRone, Corsair AX860i
    MSI 280X, Asus 270 2GB
    250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 640GB WD Black, 2TB Samsung F4, 3TB Seagate 7200.14
    Lite-On iHAS324, LG BH14NS40