• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

should i be worried about this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CURTO

wasnt gaming or anything, this just happened on desktop

gVNGL.jpg.png

i dont shut down my computer anymore. i just put it to sleep since it turns on/off way faster than if i shut it down and turn it on. also its practically the same since the psu turns off when it goes to sleep anyway so its not like its using any power, but could this have something to do with the error? ive never seen it before and ive been doing the whole sleep thing for maybe a month

Wow, just figured it (I think). Two things actually.
1) It appears your power supply is going out. That screen basically tells you there was a voltage surge to the mobo and it shut down to save itself.
2) With an andriod device plugged into a PC attempting to start windows - it'll hang up. I don't know if it is because the PC is waiting for an operating system decision or what but I have noticed I cannot reboot with my phone plugged into the usb (even if only charging).

Wow, just figured it (I think). Two things actually.
1) It appears your power supply is going out. That screen basically tells you there was a voltage surge to the mobo and it shut down to save itself.

mmmmmmm psu is dying huh. to be honest ive never liked it, like its cheap and puts out the power, but its just dodgy sometimes. ive had one die on me before and i got warranty. thanks

Use a DMM to check the power supply. If you don't see any major fluctuations there, reseat the ATX connector and try it again.

The CP-850 is one of the most stable power supplies you can find... not too likely it's causing issues by itself. On the other hand, poor contact at the ATX connector can cause problems with voltage drops.

Back