• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stability Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IJAHman

Can you say that your PC is stable when you runthis app without errors :
Prime95 -Blend - 1 hr
OCCT - Large - 1 hr
IBT - maximun - 15 pass

BUT... got a System Freeze when I run LINX with ALL selected in the option for RAM. :confused:

Highest recorded temp is at 91c in IBT (I ran it midday around 12nn to 1pm, too hot here in our house, no aircondition. And I think ambient temp really affect my core temps)

I need your opinion guys, (specially experienced OCers)
Thnks in advance :)

Edit : also Pass OCCT - CPU:Linpack with 90% or ram use for an hour without an error.

Last edited:
It depends on what you consider "stable". If you are getting errors shortly after running LinX, I would say it is not stable at all. I generally let that test run for 12+ hours. If I were to get a single error, I'd deem it unstable, change the settings and start the 12 hours over again. But, I need my system to be completely stable, so I'm very picky.

If you are getting errors shortly after running LinX,

I try running Linpack with RAM at 90%, but I pass it without errors. But with LinX, my system freezes. I think (just my opinion :D) It have to do with my RAM. But running BLEND in P95(just 1 hr though) I pass it without errors.

What should I do? :confused:

I would first post any settings you have changed in the BIOS. Voltages, timings, speeds, etc.

This is for the system in your sig? Are you overclocked?

Yes it's the system in my SIG. I did stop the OC yet because of the error (system freeze).

multi - 45
PLL overvoltage - disabled
Speedstep - enabled
short - 250
long - 250
core current limit - 250
spread spectrum - auto
blck - 100
RAM timings - XMP profile (999-24 labels default)
Vcore - offset - +.025
DRam voltage - 1.529 (label default)

other voltages settings - set to auto
advance cpu features turn off (temporarily, maybe)
power saving - disabled too

Back