• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DSL.ca Tweaking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mi6

Hey all i just changed my ISP from Videotron.ca 2 dsl.ca

Videotron is a Cable ISP and i hade great speed on it 1600kbps
Down BUT! 20kbps Up so i was loking around on the net and the only one i could find is Dsl 1.2mb Down and 160kbps up since i run a server i need the extra upload anyhow i wanted to kno what can i do to improve my connection ?

Btw i run it trow my router the Linksys BEFSR41 Cable/DSL

Since i got my DSL (yesterday) i cant dl fast anymore =( i dl from a FTP at 150kbps and now im down to 40-50kbps and i would do allmost anything to bost it.

What do you all recamend ? BTW im in Canada/Quebec/Montreal so theres only 2 BIG isp's

Bell.ca and videotron.ca

-ps-
Dls.ca uses bell.ca's network.....just incase you wanted to kno =p

If DLing is more important to you than ULing, I would've stuck w/ Videotron. But seeing as you run a server, your UL is more important. I'd just live w/ the slower speeds, or try tweaking your connection. A good site for this is www.speedguide.net

but on my router theres a option for the RX and TX how do i kno what sething would be bether for my Modem ? i have the Speed Touch Home From Alcatel =)

Back