• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x4GB 1600 C8 1.5V

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Added 2133 8GB IBT stable result but it's getting really hard to stabilize anything above 2000 and quite low timings.
Btw. memory temps are no more than 37*C even above 1.7V after 1h+ full load.

added 2 more reviews from other sites here

Not much more luck with my kit so far. I was able to drop voltages by 0.01-0.02V for 1600 7-7-7 and 1866 8-8-8 but I think that some settings that I can't change in BIOS are holding me back for 2133+ on lower voltage than ~1.7V.

Have you ever done much tweaking on subtimings? I have yet to ever do much memory tweaking, but i have a few sets that i need to test out. I am wondering how much more you can gain with subtimings and how much you can gain with cold. I am looking forward to IB . It looks like it will be great for memory torturing.

Have you ever done much tweaking on subtimings? I have yet to ever do much memory tweaking, but i have a few sets that i need to test out. I am wondering how much more you can gain with subtimings and how much you can gain with cold. I am looking forward to IB . It looks like it will be great for memory torturing.

Depends from IC. Seems like on these D9 I can't do much more as I can't change some timings. I checked almost everything that I have on M5G ( and there is really a lot of timings ). I can't boot with RTL above 41 and generally it seems like board is reading some timings from base 1600 profile. For example all better results that I saw in the web were on AMD where you can change tRC ( and you can't on Intel boards ). Probably next step will be SPD edit, will see.
Usually I'm tweaking most timings, some are just not helping much.
About cooling it also depends from IC. If you saw my 3000+ result on G.Skill/PSC ( link in my sig ) then I made it on air but IMC was under 0*C ( -25*C or something ). Elpida IC likes more cold and higher voltages. I didn't have any high binned hynix sticks yet but these should make 3000+ on IB without special cooling or high voltages ( there are already 2600+ kits around ).
I'm counting on some good results with IB and it seems like hynix and psc will make highest clocks or combo clocks/timings. I'm able to make ~2600 7-11-7 on my PSC while my ADATA/BBSE went up to ~2400 9-9-9. Some tests in my sig.

Yesterday I added 2nd XMP profile for 2133 9-9-9-27 2T and tRC 47 like you see on screenshots below.

crxmp2.jpg

crxmp22.jpg

There is also wrong read in cpuz as profile is for 2133/2T not 2000/1T ...
I'm still working on that and I bet it's not perfect.

Little update for 2133.
I thought that board can have problems with XMP 1.3 read so I made some new profiles in 1.2 version for XMP2 but I haven't seen any difference.
Strange is that 1 stick ( no matter which one ) can work with 1.64-1.65V but 2 sticks need 1.68-1.70V.
Today I also changed bios to latest 0880 version but I also see no difference. Probably on Ivy Bridge this memory will work higher or on lower voltage ( will test soon ).
It's hard to complain, 1600@2133 9-9-9 isn't bad result even with that ~1.7V.

One more screenshot after fast prime95.

21333pr.jpg

Deffo gonna get atleast one 8GB kit of those, but it'll have to wait a bit, been spending way too much lately, getting EK and Laing wc setup, new gfx...and oh well yesterday i accidently bought a new case, and not even gonna get into the fan controller led's and all the other bits i've bought aswell lol

Deffo gonna get atleast one 8GB kit of those, but it'll have to wait a bit, been spending way too much lately, getting EK and Laing wc setup, new gfx...and oh well yesterday i accidently bought a new case, and not even gonna get into the fan controller led's and all the other bits i've bought aswell lol

I'm not sure if you really need it when you already have 8GB/2133 memory... unless its for other pc than the one in your sig.
"accidently bought a new case" ... well, it happens :D
Now I'm waiting for IB and later will see ... maybe next memory kit :p

Well im not really all that impressed with my g-skills tbh...cl11 so for my every day use lower speed and tighter timings would be better, i have fiddled some with the g-skills but they arent really playing along lol
I had to decide whether to mod my current case (in a major way as i also have 5 hd's to fit in it) to get my new 240 Ek rad in it or buy a new one....then i stumbled upon a Corsair Carbide 500R white at half price....didnt take me many split seconds to make a decision there lol

Probably last result on Celly. I will try to update this thread with something on IB when I get it.

Settings almost only for benching 1866 7-7-7-20 1T ... 1.8V+.

77722.jpg

Just bought some 1866mhz modules for my system I cant seem to get it stable at 1600mhz for now with my stock 2600k it shuts down the PC I have turned off TURBO mode for the CPU for now. And manual set the voltage to the RAM at 1.5v it just wont stay at 1600mhz I can keep it stable at 1333 but not 1600mhz, once I get my watercooling system bought I'll overclock to get 1866 but I would like to get to 1600mhz

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MY-138-CR

You don't have to overclock them. 1866 is standard multi for SB. Just use XMP profile that includes all timings.
Set voltages to 1.1V VCCIO ( VTT ) and 1.55-1.60V memory.
There is info in your link that this memory should run at 9-10-9-27 1866MHz, 1.60V. If you can't make it stable at these settings then better contact with Crucial ( their support is really helpful ).
Other settings should be something like this:
1600 8-8-8-24 1T 1.50-1.55V ( 1600 default settings )
1866 9-9-9-27 1T 1.50-1.55V ( info from Crucial site for 1866 kit )

You can also try to switch memory slots.

You don't have to overclock them. 1866 is standard multi for SB. Just use XMP profile that includes all timings.
Set voltages to 1.1V VCCIO ( VTT ) and 1.55-1.60V memory.
There is info in your link that this memory should run at 9-10-9-27 1866MHz, 1.60V. If you can't make it stable at these settings then better contact with Crucial ( their support is really helpful ).
Other settings should be something like this:
1600 8-8-8-24 1T 1.50-1.55V ( 1600 default settings )
1866 9-9-9-27 1T 1.50-1.55V ( info from Crucial site for 1866 kit )

You can also try to switch memory slots.

Right since you have the same board as me you will know how the BIOS is set out, right I went into it and set the XMP to profile 1 which set the RAM at 1867mhz, I had the CPU set to standard not turbo and the mem profile to QUICK (whatever that does).

Anyways I went into motherboard voltage management and set the DRAM to 1.60v I couldnt find the VTT only the one under CPU is that what you are on about currently on AUTO it says its set to 1.050v??

I dont seem to see an option for memory VTT it does say under memory management DRAM profile and VTT Profile but I cant change it.

If you can point me how to do it and to get it working even at 1867mhz that would awesome hopefully it will still work once I get my HD7850 installed too.

Do you have board in your sig (GB Z68AP-D3 ) or something else ? I have only Asus M5G now and BIOS is totally different.
VCCIO or VTT = 1.050V at stock/auto.
In gigabyte boards there should be Inteligent tweaker tab.
Next look for advanced frequency. Change Extreme Memory Profile (XMP ) to enabled ( or Profile 1 )
Advanced Memory Settings:
XMP - enabled ( or Profile 1 )
System Memory Multiplier - 1866 ( or auto )
Performance enchance - standard

Channel A/B Timing Settings - this can be on auto but if you want to change something manually then for 1866 try:
CAS Latency - 9 ( 8 for 1600 )
tRCD - 9 ( 8 for 1600 )
tRP - 9 ( 8 for 1600 )
tRAS - 27 ( 24 for 1600 )
tRC ( if you can change it ) - 47 ( 33 for 1600 )
tRFC - 150-171 ( 128 or 150 for 1600 )
Command Rate - 2 ( 1 should also work on Z68 )
Everything else on auto.

Advanced Voltage settings:
QPI/VTT Viltage - 1.10V ( for 1866 you shouldn't need more than 1.15V for any config )
DRAM Voltage - 1.55 - 1.60V
all other voltages can be on auto

If you have other board then the same settings should be under similar names but in other tabs.

Right I did all that and upped the voltage to 1.6v I tried to see if I could get away with 1.58v as on my old rig I had some Kingston 4GB 1066mhz DDR2 RAM and I managed to run that below the recommended voltage but allas not all memory can be.

Anyways I've set it too 1866mhz at 1.6v and I will now reboot and set the QPI/VTT to 1.15v and I have the windows Memory Diag tool running upon reboot hopefully it will not shut down and it will work.

Back