• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAID - NonRAID - SSD & Ghost 2003

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1voyager1

Registered
I am a lo-o-ong time Ghost 2003 user.
I back up my OS partition with a Ghost image periodically.
Plus, I keep a bare-bones copy of my OS with only the drivers installed in case I decide to start all over again.
Being as I'm on Win7 x64 now, I only use the DOS floppy or the CD I've put together.

I've recently added an SSD for my OS partition replacing the RAID0 setup.
I installed the OS image onto the SSD with Ghost 2k3.
Then, I broke up the RAID sets and changed the BIOS setting from RAID to IDE.
After messing around for a while trying to get things setup as I wanted them, I decided to load the bare-bones OS onto the SSD to check it out.
Both the floppy and CD versions would hang before finishing loading Ghost.
I looked around a bit and some people seem to have problems with Ghost 2k3 and SSDs.
I played around with it a bit more and found that if I went back into the BIOS and reset the discs from IDE back to RAID,
but leaving them as non RAID discs, Ghost 2k3 will now load and is useable again.
Anyone have any idea as to what is going on, and how I can get it to work without the discs being set to RAID in the BIOS?

EDIT:
Could it have anything to do with the F6 RAID driver install that was done during the original Win7 clean install?
I find it hard to believe that would keep a DOS app from loading.

Last edited:
Back