• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Air VS Water

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Can you please tell me when, in the course of watercooling, the pump is going to be unrestricted? If it's not restricted, you don't have a block...and if you don't have a block, what are you even cooling?

Or just use distilled water and don't worry about clogging your loop...or staining your tubes...or buying into marketing hype. conductivity of distilled water

I can't IMAGINE why you would recommend that he disregard the advice of people who are pulling on a decade of knowledge, experimentation, and experience with watercooling PCs...it just doesn't make sense. The guys around here who have been around a long time say the things they do for a reason, it's because they've seen it all, and they know what works and what doesn't.

Also, the pump advice is awful advice. You should never run different pumps in series, you overwork the stronger pump and overspin the weaker pump and BOTH of them will lose lifespan.

I'm not gonna advocate against the XSPC kits, they're decent, but I will tell you that if you get them and then decide you want to make changes, you're pretty much gonna have to ditch the pump/res, and usually people get rid of the block too (since it's middle of the line). So really, it boils down to you having two options, do it right up front and minimize costs overall, or do it cheap up front then end up with a bunch of stuff you don't need as you make cheap upgrades. Neither method is wrong. Personally, I think it makes more sense to wait till you can afford the whole thing then pull the trigger, but I can certainly see the other side of that coin, so I'm not going to try to convince you one way or the other.

I was just going to comment on his post, than scrolled down and you beat me to it m0r7if3r. :sn: I totally agree with what m0r7if3r said and you shouldn't compare a pump from the RX/RS series pumps to a D5/MCP35x. I believe its like comparing a Honda to a Ferrari in pumps. Don't get me wrong they get the job done either way but restriction would be an issue. I won't get into much detail as m0r7if3r has already explained what I was going to say and to under mind the fellas here who have done their work and research for many years, I can almost certainly say that you never read the WC stickies and just put your system all together and don't feel the need too. (assuming by the way you put your WC language out there in your post. For exp. different series pumps) You should be careful giving advice to others cause you can give them the wrong info thinking you're right and cost them their part or let alone their whole system.

I'm not a water cooling person, however I completely agree. NEVER EVER disregard the advice of people who've been doing something in a particular area for any period of time. They'll have seen fads come and go, and seen what does and doesn't work.

I think because everything has already (for the most part) been tried, and everyone now gives pretty much the same advice you get people who want to try something different for the sake of experimentation. Heck, I've been there myself. I've always found that asking about it on the forum saves you one heck of a lot of time, effort and money. Nobodies come up with anything genuinely new that is practical in a very long time. Use other peoples knowledge rather than feeling the pain yourself.

my cooling system must stay in the case, midtower. my desk will only fit a midtower and my wife will not allow anything that looks so aweful as a cooling system to be seen outside the case. she raised all heck about seeing the h100.

Sounds like the aesthetics rendering drivers are corrupt and the function-over-form module is defective. Time to RMA.

Back